Difficult days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
I'm going through one of those periods when everything seems to go wrong or break. The clothes dryer broke just as the rainy season started. Other things broke, the roof started leaking. The greenhouse needs re-covering too!
And now, my poor dog is ill. He's an old fella for his breed. Had a major fit last night, he's recovered today and I'm giving him mild doses of steroids, but I don't think he will be around for much longer. :(
Weird that everything seems to happen at once.

I hope things start looking up for you soon leaf....I know that feeling though....not fun. Hang in there.

When it rains, it pours.

Keep your head up.

it can get good as fast as it gets bad.

I am sorry about your dog. I hope he can get better.
Sorry about the rest of it too. Good luck leafminer.

These things happen but I'm sorry to hear they're happening to you, leaf. Maybe they'll move on to Hick's house :rofl: Not the dog ills, but the rest, maybe :D

Sorry to hear this, my friend, I really hope things start to look up soon! Just remember that that which doesn't kill us only makes us want to kill....er stronger, makes us stronger. Yeah, that's it!!! :) Sad when a loved one is ill, you're in my thoughts and prayers!

Life is tough all over, it seems....they held the silent auction on our business, ended Thursday, we'll know if we were bought out soon. If sold, I won't know what to do, this was my life for 31 years.....

Geez Roddy, that is terrible. Your right it is a hard time right now for lots of people.

Hang in peeps.

There's lots of people having a tougher time than I. If it weren't for bad times we wouldn't be able to recognise the good.

And that's what keeps us going....hoping for and waiting for the good!!!

ArtVandolay said:
These things happen but I'm sorry to hear they're happening to you, leaf. Maybe they'll move on to Hick's house :rofl: Not the dog ills, but the rest, maybe :D

well thanks art!! ;) .. and I wish a plague of fleas on your camel!.. :rofl:

Sorry 'bout your dang luck leaf..:eek: I'm sure it will turn around soon ;)

:rofl::rofl:

camels.jpg

Sorry to hear about all your bad luck Leaf. I thought I would add something to think about for your dog. I learned a very simple and very inexpensive recipe from a vet a long time ago that I have used many many times with great results...Ive used it on everything from sick or injured dogs, cats having seizures, baby squirrels that got chopped out of a tree. All you do is mix a can of Pet evaporated milk with an equal part of water and add a bit of light Karo syrup to it. It sounds too simple to help much but Ive seen it do some amazing things. It wont help with old age, but it very well could make him feel a little better in his old age. I know how I am with my dogs and would do just about anything to make them feel better, and this recipe is something Ive used many many times.

its always darkest before the dawn,,,,,,,be strong brother

I had the vet come today, which was pretty stressful not knowing if the vet would leave in one piece or not . . . gave the dog the 6 tablets supposed to trank him out. No effect at all! Finally I manage to get the muzzle on him despite some growling and the vet gave him a shot very fast, I got a bash in the head but otherwise OK.
The vet managed to get the blood samples and thinks it might be heartworms. I hadn't thought these were a big problem locally, but apparently yes, the situation has changed and quite a few cases recently, it seems. Still, at least we're getting there.

i hope everything goes well with you leaf... hang in there

If I sent you a pic everyone in this area would know who I am! Otherwise I would. The army just did a big house to house search of an area quite close. Looking for bad guys obviously but I don't think a GH full of plants would go unnoticed...

Latest posts

Back