Digital Microscope 4 Trichome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kindbud

Grower
Reaction score
Hey I'm wondering if anyone bought one of these for watching Trichome development. My loup I used is gone MIA. Looked on Amazon some digital microscope that sync up to your phone for only 20-30 bucks!!

Screenshot_20220830-095153.png

Last edited:
I thought about one but couldn’t figure a way to mount it to take pics in my tent. I went with the little scope that fits over your cell phone. It still takes practice not shaking holding your breath while you get the shot but I can get good trichome pics with it
005214AB-875D-4B71-83D7-F63309C7C4D2.jpeg

Last edited:
My camera takes good pics and I just magnify and that usually gives me enough info.

Gotta try that idk if this Pixel phone camera is that good tho that little microscope pairs to the phone is only 20 bucks think I'll try it and report findings

Hey I'm wondering if anyone bought one of these for watching Trichome development. My loup I used is gone MIA. Looked on Amazon some digital microscope that sync up to your phone for only 20-30 bucks!!
My brother bought something similar. Takes nice pics if you can hold it still enough.
69C0441F-6846-4F2E-BBD6-C38B3F243630.jpeg
36D73DC3-82BB-4B1F-8D2B-1F28B53515A3.jpeg
01D83967-F38C-4AE0-B6A5-413C90C3E2B7.jpeg

My brother bought something similar. Takes nice pics if you can hold it still enough.
I have a couple of the wireless scopes. Holding it still enough is the trick. I take about 5 images for each one that comes out nice. Worst part is the button on the scope that takes the pic is always just out of reach of my thumb, and pressing the button on the phone is almost as difficult.

I have a couple of the wireless scopes. Holding it still enough is the trick. I take about 5 images for each one that comes out nice. Worst part is the button on the scope that takes the pic is always just out of reach of my thumb, and pressing the button on the phone is almost as difficult.
I had one and my hands were not steady enough to use it. Sent it back to Jeff Besos.

Just got back from a buddys house he gave me a little lens that with my phone I should be able to get the little extra zoom I need to make it were the cloudy amber % can be seen clearly...... Looks like a storm is rolling in so will try it out in the morning

I've got one too. It's quite fun and did help me see the trichomes much easier! The hardest thing is to get a solid base where you can mount it half an inch from a bud. I put a box of bat guano on a chair and got some shots after turning off the fans for a minute. I can't hand hold this thing realistically.

My lessons about it:
1. take off the plastic lens cover before you use it lol (I made that mistake at first)
2. turn it on and connect your phone wi-fi to the microscope's wi-fi signal
3. run the app for it
4. find a way to set it in a stable position. It can be easier to slide the microscope back and forth than to rotate the focus.
5. There are plus/minus buttons on the bottom that can set your general distance requirement level, but I've found half an inch to about 3/4 of an inch away to be optimal for trichomes.

Some shots here:
https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/slab.81199/post-1213260

I have started using one. Here's an image with the scale at the magnification I chose. Seems to work well.

Attachments

• 2023-11-15-114132311 1.jpg
    2023-11-15-114132311 1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023-11-15-114250906 1.jpg
    2023-11-15-114250906 1.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back