digital ph meter/pen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROOR

Pot Nerd
Reaction score
whats a good brand/model?

Thanks for any help...ROOR

theres lots of home made stuf that can lower ur ph but it can cause a series of other problems. i would suggest dolomite limeu can pick some up at the hardware store

lime is a "buffer", it works at keeping a neutral PH (7.0) and won't bring it any lower. "Horticultural" lime should be added and mixed in "well" before any plants are planted for it to be effective.
I would suggest lowering your nutrient water to around 6.2-6.5 before feeding. "PH" down...from the hydro store.

Interesting thread, because like the poster of another thread, I too bought a cheapo Rapitest PH meter, and have become increasingly aware of the crucial need for a PPM and EC tester, as well.

I expect to hear that the Rapitest tester is not sufficiently accurate for the task at hand, but in keeping with part of ROOR's question, what tester (within reason $$$...let's say $75 or less) do the more experienced growers in this forum use, and recommend?

This one looks to be a good tester, but I'm not sure I like the lack of a digital readout, and it only goes up to about 3550ppm. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=48588

that link brings you right back to here...:)

Hick said:
lime is a "buffer", it works at keeping a neutral PH (7.0) and won't bring it any lower. "Horticultural" lime should be added and mixed in "well" before any plants are planted for it to be effective.
I would suggest lowering your nutrient water to around 6.2-6.5 before feeding. "PH" down...from the hydro store.

Thanks Hick

Regarding that link in my above post...ummm, that's what I get for lighting up a bowl during the day! :D

Actually, now that I think about it, that's an interesting thought. How about a poll... "How many of you are totally stoned while you're reading and responding to posts?" Pass that doobie, Dude! LOL

Anyway, here's the proper link to that combo PPM/PH/EC meter I was looking at: http://www.nutra-wand.co.uk/

Hick said:
lime is a "buffer", it works at keeping a neutral PH (7.0) and won't bring it any lower. "Horticultural" lime should be added and mixed in "well"

hick were do you find horticultural lime??

Noooooobodies using a ph pen or meter??????

Almost everyone is using em most likely... I don't notice any difference between them.. i got one off ebay w/ calibration solution n the works for like $40 after shipping. Works fine for me.

hanna is a good name brand, i use the ph level drops which isn't the greatest method, but the cheapest...

ph up n down is dirt cheap... i buy it in gallon jugs =)

Here's ours...

HI981401N.jpg

I dont think any is really much worse then the other... comes down to care of the electrode... keep her wet.

milwaukee ph 600 pocket sized ph meter, digital and easy to use. price around 75.00 dollars, and the have the ppm meter to. Same price as the ph meter. got it from hydro store, progressive growth nanaimo bc..

I bought a Hana PH PPM gro check and it broke in a couple of months.
Maybe bad luck?

have bought a milwuakee cd 600
thought it was just a ppm pen but now i think it a dual with ph as well
so now i have no idea how to work or read it can anyone help me please

Latest posts

Back