Dirt Farmin` / Favorite Dirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yooper420

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
My favorite dirt is Sunshine Mix #4. On my 6th grow using it. Bottom line...I ain`t switchin` any time soon. On my present grow, 11 plants, 8 in Sunshine, 3 in Dr. O`s Universal Growing Medium. This is a local product I picked up at the Cannabis Cup in Mich. back in July to try. Now down to 7 girls, 5 in Sunshine, 2 in Dr. O`s.
WHAT`S YOUR FAVORITE DIRT ?

Dman1234,
Guess you and I are the only ones left that grow in dirt. Either that or we be the only ones happy with our dirt.

IF YOU GROW IN SOIL, VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE KIND.

I mix my own from MG Seed Starter, Perlite, and Sweet Lime. I don't have access to anything else so I learned to make due.

Yooper, I grow in dirt but I have to settle for what my local small town hardware store has , usually all purpose potting soil with some extra perlite added. I do like how it works for me tho. I do reuse it so there is a lot of dead roots mixed in.

HamsterLewis, MR1,
Thanks for responding. I know a lot of people mix their own, whatever works. Just trying to get a poll going to see the favorite kind of MJ dirt on MP.

I make and use my own soil.

I make my own and use Happy Frog and Root tone starter.

I use promix as it is simple and cost effective soiless. Sunshine #4 I have not tried but it looked very similar and probably great too. They both cost the same here.

I tried mixing my own but now I use canna terra pro and like it a lot better.

I also mix my own soil, but typically use sunshine #4 as a base

So far the voting looks like this :
Sunshine Mix #4...| | | |
Mix your own...| | | | |
Promix...|
Canna Terra Pro...|

PS,
Thanks, so far, to all who voted. Let`s see some more people.

Last edited:
Mix your own...| | | |
Promix...|
Canna Terra Pro...|

PS,

One of the "mix your owns" uses Sunshine as a start point.. did you take note of that in your tally? It should be 1 check for both spots ya? hah :)

OK, OK a technical issue here. Did wonder if I should give one to both, so one to both. Thanks for catching that.

pro mix ever since I got gnats from happy frog 2 years ago.

i don't like to order on line as the state i live in will give you 10 years for a quarter oz. so i make a mix of what i can find. walmart has a organic soil name brand ng or nk that i get for 2.00 a bag (4 qt.) that i use for the base of my mix, then i add a little of the wifes mg soil and a lime peet mix i can get here too.

Update :
mix your own...| | | | | |
Pro Mix...| |
Canna Terra Pro...|

Mix your own...| | | | |
Promix...|
Canna Terra Pro...|

PS,

i'm gonna see if i can find some sunshine 4, never have heard of it. home depot has some stuff called jungle forest that i do not like the looks of so i never tried it. and i'll never but scott's organic again, too many sticks.

Latest posts

Back