Disappearing Threads???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AluminumMonster

Duke of Errl:)
Reaction score
I've noticed a couple threads have just disappeared recently and Im just curious about what happened. Is it because the server can't keep up so ya gotta clean house? The general indoor growing sections says it has over 15000 threads but there are only 4 pages. The lighting section says it has over 2000 threads but there is only 1 page of threads. Is information being deleted so MP wont crash again? Could it be time for an upgrade if that's the case?

I know the mods clean up a lot of spam....and peeps delete they threads for many reasons...when this is done I dont think the thread count knows..it only tallies everytime a thread is made????? and this could have been going on forever????I know Ive deleted useless posts I have made....

take care and be safe

I have seen a couple disappear and figured it was the OP deleting their thread. Didn't know it was as wide spread as that.

AM. I will have to check with MarP. As far as I know, there is no deliberate deleting of threads....except the ones I have deleted....and I know that you are not talking about those.

TheHempGodess

why was the post removed today?

you was in the thread as I was repling....did you remove it or did the member?...it was about the war on drugs and the member felt he was beeing spit on for spamming us...

It was an interesting thread...and could have went further

I am curious as to why the Lights subforum has only one page. I wanted to start a thread about the maximum amount of light for a newly installed clone (830w v 430w), but I am afraid it would delete one of the good threads already in that forum.

@THG you are correct, I wasn't referring to the spam or threads that went arwy.
There was a thread called Photon something in the general indoor growing section yesterday and now its gone. Perhaps the original author deleted it.

AM--Yes, the Phototron one was deleted by the original poster. He got angry at his responses in another thread (getting seeds from a street guy) and deleted everything.

4U--yes I deleted that one. This is a forum for growing and not politics--these are MarP's rules. Besides the guy was insulting and an a s s. Anyone who says that they have grown everywhere in the entire world in every possible way and can identify all hybrids by sight and smell is full of it. I simply was not going to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

I have asked MarP to see if he can find out what is going on. I am not really good at the computer end of all this.

:aok:

Didnt read the pollitics..But read the B S ...and Im all aware of Marrp land and rules...was looking forward to poking stck at him...take care and be safe
:48:

I still think its just an auto count that you are seeing...maybe for tracking traffic...I made some real good ISO..think I gots roots growing out me bum...lol

ufo56.gif

Haha. You bunch of stoners :) You need to click on the bottom drop down menu and change the default, "6 months" to "beginning". There's a bunch of options that most of us, including me kinda look right past. Couple years ago I couldn't figure out the same thing you are asking about. Took me awhile. Thought I was alone in it. Haha

Ahh.. I really didn't know this.. Somehow Vbulletin sets the default at 1 month. I had to change it for each forum separately. Most forums were set already at "show all threads", now I think I got them all at showing all threads. But if someone finds a forum that still shows threads from only last month let me know. There are quite some forums I had to check and change. :)

Latest posts

Back