Disappointment with “classic seedbanks” gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldbay

Reaction score
More of a rant than anything but I’ve been lucky enough to have generous people in my online and real life who have hooked me up with crosses they have made and/or cuts they were willing to share.

I recently got the bug to run some more Sativa leaning strains and in addition to getting some great things from people I interacted with I also grabbed some beans from some “legendary” seed shops and I’m very underwhelmed. Serious seeds Kali Mist, Green House’s Super Lemon Haze and Soma’s Amnesia Haze gear all showed up and looked the same, greenish, small etc... and did not germinate for me (not my first time popping beans)

I guess I’m more bummed because now that the world is changing, it’s a shame to see this complete disregard for quality and care from these long standing institutions of the canna world. The gear I’ve gotten from home growing friends has been way better - big ripe beans, solid germ rates etc... can only leave me with the impression that the large Dutch places just don’t care anymore.

To give credit to smaller places that have delivered - Green Point seeds, Crocket family farms I’ve had good luck.

/rant over

Peace
- O

Latest posts

Back