Discard old weed into super-soil pile or worm bin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpas48

Reaction score
As one does as a grower, I've accumulated several years' worth of unsmoked weed (there are worse problems I know.) .I am wondering if throwing it all directly in my super-soil pile is a good idea or better to dump it all in the worm bin. I've never come up with a useful topical and I don't care for edibles; dry-herb vape is my go-to.
Because marijuana is, I understand, a phytoremediator (one of the plants that absorbs toxins from contaminated soil) would I be better off to pour it in the worm bin and let them do the cleaning? I am not aware of any particular contaminants but am assuming they are there and don't want to end up concentrating them by using plant matter directly as a compost.

I grow organically and am reasonably remote from neighborhood pesticides.

So worm bin or super-soil pile?

Give it to the Homeless guy make him smile
1656155784471.png

good problem to have eh

we try and put all our overstock in seal a meal vacuum bags and into the freezer for a rainy day

we are still working on the harvest from 2 yrs ago , we have not even touched last years harvest , and it is as fresh and potent as it was a month after harvest

we do have excess plants with buds and seeds and that all goes to the chickens

if I had your dilemma , my choice would be compost pile

As one does as a grower, I've accumulated several years' worth of unsmoked weed (there are worse problems I know.) .I am wondering if throwing it all directly in my super-soil pile is a good idea or better to dump it all in the worm bin. I've never come up with a useful topical and I don't care for edibles; dry-herb vape is my go-to.
Because marijuana is, I understand, a phytoremediator (one of the plants that absorbs toxins from contaminated soil) would I be better off to pour it in the worm bin and let them do the cleaning? I am not aware of any particular contaminants but am assuming they are there and don't want to end up concentrating them by using plant matter directly as a compost.

I grow organically and am reasonably remote from neighborhood pesticides.

So worm bin or super-soil pile?
Does this old weed still work? I can’t see putting it in either pile. Worms will just get totally wasted…
have you ever found a bag of weed just laying there like someone in the car wash before you may have dropped it? That happened to me once. I picked it up and considered it a gift from the reefer Gods If I found it today, I would still pick it up even tho I really don’t need it 😂.
You could leave little bags of it in plain view then sit back in your car and wait for those lucky folks to find it. You could take a pic of them picking it up and thanking the reefer gods then post them here so we could also enjoy it. Or like roster said give it to a homeless Vet in a paper bag along with a sandwich and a twinkie. Or you could always send it to Walt… He could make it last forever the way he recycles his smoke 😂

I had some 2 year old trim in sealed ziplock bags in my basement that I found a couple of weeks ago. Not properly stored at all. Just laying on my tool bench under a mess of tools(I am the antithesis of OCD). I made cannabutter with coconut oil out of the stuff and it is some kinda whacky buzz. Pretty good anti-inflammatory too. My hips normally hurt but not after a rice sized dose of that stuff.

I have a little stash and I have a Blueberry getting ready to havest.

O:K one of my Bruce Banner stem came up looking like it a white root. I've never seen the stem so white. Would you stick the stem down deeper in the soil or just leave it alone?

I can't upload my pictures. Wish I could.
If you have an iPhone with iCloud, the pictures should be on your iCloud. You can download pics from your iCloud to your computer and upload them from there.

If you have an iPhone with iCloud, the pictures should be on your iCloud. You can download pics from your iCloud to your computer and upload them from there.
If you don’t have a computer, libraries do. You could use their computers.

I have jars of old unsmoked weed. I try and give it to beggers on the street corner but they would rather have meth. I gave a hand full of change to one before and he complained it wasn't enough...
A woman walked in front of my moving truck as I drove through a parking lot causing me to stop Then made the sign of give me money with her hand.
I said get a job............... and said I have nothing for you.
Can not believe she actually step in front of my vehicle to do that.

We’ve actually been having people come to our door lately. I hope that’s not a new thing…Never liked them but may have to get one of those stickers for my front door… it’s scary to me when strangers come to the door. I actually had a conversation the other day with a young woman about 25 when she knocked on my door. She said she had a child and selling the fake magazines was her only choice. I told her there were many job openings now I see signs everywhere and im sure that would be safer than doing this in my neighborhood. I also advised her not to stop at my neighbors house as he may not be as friendly as me. I agreed to pray for her and her son as she left my property flagging down a car which gave her money In front of my house after listening to her story. I just don’t understand I guess, this life seems so much harder but there is probably a lot of money in it or there wouldn’t be so many doing it… sad really I think…

Latest posts

Back