Discard old weed into super-soil pile or worm bin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ve actually been having people come to our door lately. I hope that’s not a new thing…Never liked them but may have to get one of those stickers for my front door… it’s scary to me when strangers come to the door. I actually had a conversation the other day with a young woman about 25 when she knocked on my door. She said she had a child and selling the fake magazines was her only choice. I told her there were many job openings now I see signs everywhere and im sure that would be safer than doing this in my neighborhood. I also advised her not to stop at my neighbors house as he may not be as friendly as me. I agreed to pray for her and her son as she left my property flagging down a car which gave her money In front of my house after listening to her story. I just don’t understand I guess, this life seems so much harder but there is probably a lot of money in it or there wouldn’t be so many doing it… sad really I think…
I don’t see it so much as sad as much as it is dangerous. There are plenty(actually millions) of jobs out there. My son runs a local YMCA where he can’t find people who want to work. Many people get hired and either don’t show up or don’t do the job they were hired to do. The Y has child care on site so women with small children could work there and have child care at the same location. There are also a lot of govt programs out there to help struggling people. That woman was likely just not doing what a parent needs to do: take raising a child seriously and doing what is necessary to care for their children. Maybe that is the sad part…

We’ve actually been having people come to our door lately. I hope that’s not a new thing…Never liked them but may have to get one of those stickers for my front door… it’s scary to me when strangers come to the door. I actually had a conversation the other day with a young woman about 25 when she knocked on my door. She said she had a child and selling the fake magazines was her only choice. I told her there were many job openings now I see signs everywhere and im sure that would be safer than doing this in my neighborhood. I also advised her not to stop at my neighbors house as he may not be as friendly as me. I agreed to pray for her and her son as she left my property flagging down a car which gave her money In front of my house after listening to her story. I just don’t understand I guess, this life seems so much harder but there is probably a lot of money in it or there wouldn’t be so many doing it… sad really I think…
I ran off two just the other day. I was talking to a neighbor, we had been watching them and they approached. They were trying to sell home pest control of some sort and I just cut them off and said "we are not interested, get stepping." To this he began to state what it was they offered, when I again cut him off, telling him to leave now while you can. Then he asked which house I lived in and I told him none of his business get stepping...I had to tell them to tell their punk boss that every consumer group in the country warns against doing business with folks who come to your door.

I get making a living and all, but like others here are saying, there are help wanted signs everywhere for all types of jobs. If their idea of a job is to scam me, I hope they have good health insurance! Kind of felt sorry for them, some asshat sending them out, wont come himself. If I need a service, I will seek it out. Having seen tons of cases where these situations go bad, it always starts with someone you dont know coming to your door, and having a good reason to come in to talk, get a glass of water, etc. sorry, no dice dude. I have a sign in my garage by the door that goes into a kitchen, asking if you have questions about the great beyond? step through this door. Maybe I need one for the front too.

bubba

WARNING!

RANT AHEAD!

my opinion about wages?

$15 dollars an hour minimum wage?

are you freaking kidding me?

I made $15 an hour back in the 80’s

and gas was $.99 cents

1 bdrm apts rented for $250

food was cheap

if employers would start out their new hires at $25 dollars an hour with benefits , like a 90/10 policy with a $200 dollar deductible , $5 dollar scrips , dental and eyeglasses , 2 weeks paid vacation , paid sick and maternity leave , short and long term disability , I guarantee that the employers would have no problem finding good dependable employees

it is immoral for executives and ceos to make 25-50 million dollar bonuses while their employees qualify for Medicaid and food stamps

like Walmart…I refuse to shop there

and we get stiffed for taxes to help support these people while the Waltons live in luxury , hire mostly part time employees so walmart doesn’t have to give them any benefits , and make the shoppers pay for the welfare

just my opinion folks so easy on the flame throwers

End of Rant.

15 bucks an hour is ridiculous. These burger flipping jobs are not meant to make a living with and will go out of business or resort to machines if pressed. If that's one's gig, then become a store manager and then buck for regional. Exceptional pay and benefits are for exceptional job performers. Start your own business or climb the corporate later. I am not going to pay top dollar and bennies for anything but top job performers. in short, if you want a top job and bennies, be worth it or forget it. I am not paying you to breath.

Bubba

15 bucks an hour is ridiculous. These burger flipping jobs are not meant to make a living with and will go out of business or resort to machines if pressed. If that's one's gig, then become a store manager and then buck for regional. Exceptional pay and benefits are for exceptional job performers. Start your own business or climb the corporate later. I am not going to pay top dollar and bennies for anything but top job performers. in short, if you want a top job and bennies, be worth it or forget it. I am not paying you to breath.

Bubba
This is also true. I’ve seen a lot of lazy folks out there not willing to earn their pay as if it were their own business. Some I don’t think we’re ever taught that in life especially our younger generation. the kids nowadays don’t even know how to sweep. Without good management skills to teach them what their moms and dad left out, the cycle goes on and on…

Most top executives or CEOs that I know got there by carrying there own azz. If you want top dollar, be worth it. they have no responsibility to you other than a safe and proper place to work. can't make it on that, then do what is necessary to do so, or get the training to be worth it.

I came from little or nothing, got myself through school and law school and make a living. I feel no obligation to pay anyone more than they are worth. Never had anyone work with or for me that wasnt happy.

bubba

This is also true. I’ve seen a lot of lazy folks out there not willing to earn their pay as if it were their own business. Some I don’t think we’re ever taught that in life especially our younger generation. the kids nowadays don’t even know how to sweep. Without good management skills to teach them what their moms and dad left out, the cycle goes on and on…
You are so right, the moms and Dads....spot on. I see more 30 year old grandmothers that you would believe. The "normal" age grand parents are usually raising their second families, the children of their children who are off drunk or druggedor in prison. You are also right on the cycle going on and on. Love when once in a while, I bump into a kid that is in this situation but are smart! You can see that light in there, just needing turned on. I work with those kids extra hard.

Bubba

My kids are millennials but both have good careers and work hard at them. They grew up in a 2 parent household and both my wife and I worked hard(Mrs Fogey was a stay at home mom until they were in school). I think it rubbed off on them or they learned that being responsible to others is as important as being responsible to yourself. My youngest was a horrible student and with our consent, dropped out of high school in his junior year but got his GED within a month of dropping out(got a perfect score on all the tests). He now runs a YMCA and was sent to another Y to straighten its operation out. He puts in 12+ hour days routinely and hasn’t missed a day of work in 5 years. I am proud of both of them for being good people(though I disagree with some of their politics) and for being smart about how the real world works.

I'd make bubble hash....
Yep, me too. He's already said he doesn't like edibles, and being in CA, I don't think he can chuck 'em on a bonfire. I don't think composting them would hurt anything, especially since he's away from farm type pesticides and worries about them polluting the ground.

Yep, me too. He's already said he doesn't like edibles, and being in CA, I don't think he can chuck 'em on a bonfire. I don't think composting them would hurt anything, especially since he's away from farm type pesticides and worries about them polluting the ground.
lol. I just got the bonfire in CA thing…

Sorry @carpas48 so what did you decide to do with the old weed?
Hi
I gave it to the worms who really seem to be enjoying it: they are much more "active" in that there seems to be quite a few more lately than usual. And, their festive recycling will go into next years batch of recycled soil.

Thought about homeless donation: a paper bag w/papers, matches, & weed. Just not there yet with that notion.

I wish one could donate to medically needy who can't grow their own. Something like a community-wide donation site. Had a visiting nurse, who was also caring for a guy with end-stage glioma who had managed that w/cannabis. I gave her some nice stuff to pass on but it was too late, he'd had to move on to opioids. She returned it. She also said she wished they were allowed to provide cannabis to their patients. At $65 an 1/8 sometimes, getting it can be quite a hardship.
Think I'll try going through the local cancer and parkinsons groups to see if something can be done there.

Hi
I gave it to the worms who really seem to be enjoying it: they are much more "active" in that there seems to be quite a few more lately than usual. And, their festive recycling will go into next years batch of recycled soil.

Thought about homeless donation: a paper bag w/papers, matches, & weed. Just not there yet with that notion.

I wish one could donate to medically needy who can't grow their own. Something like a community-wide donation site. Had a visiting nurse, who was also caring for a guy with end-stage glioma who had managed that w/cannabis. I gave her some nice stuff to pass on but it was too late, he'd had to move on to opioids. She returned it. She also said she wished they were allowed to provide cannabis to their patients. At $65 an 1/8 sometimes, getting it can be quite a hardship.
Think I'll try going through the local cancer and parkinsons groups to see if something can be done there.
Totally great and kind idea to donate it to folks in need. Might want to play some old rock & roll for the worms you already fed some to. Maybe chuck in a peperoni pizza, too.

Latest posts

Back