• If you cannot log in please check out this thread After Upgrade Notes. or use the Contact Us at the bottom right corner of the main forum page.
Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Dissolving Kief in Butter and Booze

Pus and Mucus

Reaction score
I haven't tried this myself--yet. If you slowly melt a stick of butter and stir a gram of kief into it, can you make strong cannabutter with it? How long does it take for a gram of kief by itself to dissolve in 80-90 proof rum, I'm thinking of Myer's but you can use any liquor of that strength. I need it to spike eggnog. I'm thinking of adding kiefed-up Irish whiskey to Bailey's.

thegloman

I think I am....therefore, I am......I think
Reaction score
How much you add is your choice. 1gr. keif to a whole stick of butter to me is a light amount.
If you add very much you may want to strain it to get plant matter out. The empty trichs can have a slightly granular texture.

Give your rum or whatever at least 15min to dissolve the kief. Less if warm then filter. Floaties in drinks are kinda gross.

oldfogey8

Reaction score
I am sure you know to decarb your keif...

Pus and Mucus

Reaction score
How much you add is your choice. 1gr. keif to a whole stick of butter to me is a light amount.
If you add very much you may want to strain it to get plant matter out. The empty trichs can have a slightly granular texture.

Give your rum or whatever at least 15min to dissolve the kief. Less if warm then filter. Floaties in drinks are kinda gross.
I agree. It's one of the reasons I don't usually use cocoa powder in milk.
I am sure you know to decarb your keif...
Actually I don't because I have never cooked with kief. It's another experiment.

Latest posts