Dissolving Kief in Butter and Booze

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pus and Mucus

Reaction score
I haven't tried this myself--yet. If you slowly melt a stick of butter and stir a gram of kief into it, can you make strong cannabutter with it? How long does it take for a gram of kief by itself to dissolve in 80-90 proof rum, I'm thinking of Myer's but you can use any liquor of that strength. I need it to spike eggnog. I'm thinking of adding kiefed-up Irish whiskey to Bailey's.

How much you add is your choice. 1gr. keif to a whole stick of butter to me is a light amount.
If you add very much you may want to strain it to get plant matter out. The empty trichs can have a slightly granular texture.

Give your rum or whatever at least 15min to dissolve the kief. Less if warm then filter. Floaties in drinks are kinda gross.

I am sure you know to decarb your keif...

How much you add is your choice. 1gr. keif to a whole stick of butter to me is a light amount.
If you add very much you may want to strain it to get plant matter out. The empty trichs can have a slightly granular texture.

Give your rum or whatever at least 15min to dissolve the kief. Less if warm then filter. Floaties in drinks are kinda gross.
I agree. It's one of the reasons I don't usually use cocoa powder in milk.
I am sure you know to decarb your keif...
Actually I don't because I have never cooked with kief. It's another experiment.

Latest posts

Back