DIY sulphur burner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hXXp://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f95/diy-sulphur-burner-7341/ found one... google!

I am going to be doing this, a DIY Sulphur burner you never gotta worry about PM again it only costs 33$ without Sulphur.

Just google "diy sulphur burner"

you will get 147,000 results in 0.7 seconds.

if you end up making one document it with pics and maybe it will be a sticky.

you prob know by now but you need a heating element and somthing to hold the sulphur, not sure what temp you need to reach to melt it.

stay safe

rotten_socks420 said:
I did. Just rather surprised there isnt a sticky here for this
only time sulpher burners are really needed is in extremely humid greenhouses ;)
most of us are outdoor or indoor...only a few do the greenhouse bit. So no one has built one here to make a DIY ;)

I did!!... and it works stellar "in my room" for PM control. ;)

I went to a thrift store, found a little old single element 'hotplate'. ($5 I think) They had a set of stainless steel bowls ranging from about 4-6 inches diameter. ($1) 2 lbs of garden sulphur ($8 maybe)
Total investment was under $20 I know that.

DSC03264.JPG

DSC03265.JPG

Hick said:
I did!!... and it works stellar "in my room" for PM control. ;)

never had PM indoors and rarely ever seen it...dang hick you always slide stuff like that in :p

I ..'contracted it" from some FREE:yay: starts ...:doh: I was smart enough to check them for bugs and general health. But in my own defense, the pm didn't show up on them for four weeks or better. By then, I'd had them "in" my grow for two or more.
I only thought mites suck..:p. At least I can kill them. PM I believe the spores are around forever and a week.

yeah man...spores are even smaller then mites. :holysheep: I've had trich outbreaks on other things...think that crap grows on trees or something :rolleyes: biggest thing is killing that airflow then bleach like mad.

does the sulpher inside stink up the place?

I shut off circulation 'while' I'm burning, to allow the residue to settle on the leaves. So, yea, it stinks like suplhur for a cpl hours after restarting circulation.

Thanks Hick and Gone2pot for the link...:heart:I see ya hanging setup from Light...this is to allow the sulfer to fall?..What down side do I have for your setup on the floor?.(other then fire:rolleyes: Im looking at week 2 now of a strain (Gooey) known for PM..have yet to see in the Shed and want a "preventive" mesure..is this wise to run when "PM" isnt present ??? from what I read earlier ..it may all ready be there eh? Thanks again:48:

take care and be safe

.this is to allow the sulfer to fall?..What down side do I have for your setup on the floor?.
I don't 'know' tha there would be a down 4u. The $100+ one I looked at was a hanging unit, so mine had to be :eek: It isn't actually hanging 'from' the light tho'.
after a burn, try sticking the bowl in the freezer for an hour or so, THEN remove the burned residue.

I have one of the units you purchase after having a severe case of PM and then having it return on the next grow i had no choice, since i got the burner i havent seen PM again, one burn early in flower should keep you clean to the end, after a few burns i no longer need it all

Hick said:
after a burn, try sticking the bowl in the freezer for an hour or so, THEN remove the burned residue.

After a couple hours in the freezer I just slam it down on a concrete surface and it all comes out in one shot, but it stinks. LOL

Hick said:

secret brisket recipe?:rofl:

dman1234 said:
After a couple hours in the freezer I just slam it down on a concrete surface and it all comes out in one shot, but it stinks. LOL
:cool: yep...

Irish said:
secret brisket recipe?:rofl:
:cool:..yep....

:ciao: Hick...Im going to get this ..I would emagine the garden sulfur can be Baught at The Home DE POT?

They had a set of stainless steel bowls ranging from about 4-6 inches diameter. ($1) 2 lbs of garden sulphur ($8 maybe)

How much do you put in the bowl?

:doh: be sure to take the size of the room into consideration:cry:

I noticed PM on a gal today, sad sad sad. Some of the gals are around 5-6 weeks in bud, some are 3-4 and on down to just put in...can I do a sulpher burn or will that harm the late stage gals?? Also, what are the risks associated with PM other than unsightly mildew on the leaves??

Latest posts

Back