DNA GEN. Cannalope Haze & Chocolope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungle

kind bud
Reaction score
I'm going to try and finish this journal :).

After completing a grow of bluewidow, blueberry skunk, widowrella, grapefruit, super lemon haze, lowlife ak47 auto., haze auto, and road runner, i'm planning my new grow and decided to start with these two strains from other choices I have available.

I need to buy a camera for pictures so thats next on my list.

But what I've done so far is this.

Filled 9-16 oz foam cups with damp seed starter. labeled 6 cups canalope and 3 cups chocolope. Both regular seeds.

I will be doing my seeds next. Using the soaking method of putting seeds in distilled water in a cup till they sprout then planting them.

My plans for these two strains are to keep the females, making mothers, (i'm going to learn the Bonsai technique).

I plan on keep records of the different pheno types choosing the ones I want to keep, for future cloning and breeding. I'll know which ones to keep after they been harvested and smoked.

I'd like to keep the pollen from the males of each strain so I can breed the two together to see if I can come up with my own CREATION. It's probly all been done before but this is what I'm interested in so I will keep a journal and see where it ends up.

I'll try and do a good job in case anyone follows along. My methods of growing are primative sort of and so it's mainly for FUN at the moment and some day I can have a more professional grow room where everything clicks on all cylinders. But for now I hope ya don't mind me sharing and sqeaking in amongst ya. it will be slow going at first but eventually there will be pictures of plants and buds. :holysheep:

Dude Nice journal!!! I'll watch, although I'm hoping for a camera :rofl:

Mix these strains....

I'm getting some Cannalope Haze (male) x Chocolope (female) seeds from my good friend in Australia.......Great smoke and extremely hardy genetics.

awsome, I hope to see your grow go up also. sounds like nice beans you have coming your way. One thing a breeder from here (Lailord), told me the female seeds arn't used for breeding, because they put back into strains qualities they already bred out, like hermieing, things like that. Your Chocolope is of female seeds. If you are counting on mixing the two strains I think theres better results if the seeds are regular. Anyways something i learned. You may be ok with it.
I have dinafem white widow i'm going to germinate with them, because some here want to have journals for the freebies from the march promo. I'm going to do the white widow and maybe a journal not sure yet. But i'll keep records of it...hope to see some pictures of your stuff from Austrailia....

Good info!! I dont know the status of the beans as they are still growing on the plant. But the genetics are around 5 years old so they have been stabilized a bit I'm sure.

went to walmart and bought a cheap kodak........I have 3 little plants coming out of the dirt, some more on the way......cloned some super lemon haze incase some of these seeds fall short of female plants......well pictures will make it more exciting. I'll get picaso downloaded next....

Not to get off topic, but how was that auto AK? I've got a pack and was thinking of running one while I veg my next grow.

Now, back on subject...
Nice sounding grow. I've got some of the cataract kush from DNA. Subbed.

jungle said:
went to walmart and bought a cheap kodak........I have 3 little plants coming out of the dirt, some more on the way......cloned some super lemon haze incase some of these seeds fall short of female plants......well pictures will make it more exciting. I'll get picaso downloaded next....

i was all about this till you said walmart.... :eek:

j/k... green mojo to ya

walmart lol...sometimes us little guys have to go there. ..ummm the ak 47 has been the best automatic i have grown. These plants I think are close to the reg ak47.....imo.....nice white color, and the potency is there. You'll be happy as far as autos go with the ak 47 by lowlife.
have to get this camera going now.

Heres some clones of SLH.....they were started 3-22-11....They were taken basically from the bottom of the plant because thats all there were at the time. It sort of tried flowering so the upper stems hadn't developed enogh to take clones....

I have 5 seeds coming up.....1 is a chocolope and 4 are the cannalope....so theres chance of 1 more cannalope and 2 chocolope..to come up......if no more come up I take the blame because of some temperture fluuation due to cold weather and amature set up.....I'm going to make bonsai moms with them....and keep them...untill I'm ready for the clones.....

I'll have pics o seedlings when they get a little larger....

picture time....I know it will be a learning curve but any ideas how to make these clones grow...they have a little bit of flower that started in them but it might be due to having the moms in the flowering room a couple nights for space and warmth as set up was going on...3-22-11 start date...

100_0035.JPG

100_0034.JPG

100_0030.JPG

The two seedlings on the left are the Chocolope
The three on the right are the Cannalope

I checked the other three cups and dug around.

the cup with the bad seed in it never could locate the seed so i assume it deteriated.

the other two I tucked back in because they looked like they were forming a tail......some of the seeds I planted didn't show a tail before planting so hopefully they will grow and pop up:cool:

100_0064-2.JPG

The Two Chocolopes and 3 cannalopes are doing fine.......

I don't see my SLH's coming through and living to tell about it......

So I'm germinating a Dianafem white widow to go along with the Choc. and Can. And I'm planning on making a bonsai mom out of each strain....

I noticed the choc. second set of leaves are more advanced than the cann. leaves....one trait the cannalope has is it comes on realy fast in the final two weeks before harvest...
I act like I know everything about it). He He.....it starts catching up real quick....

I cleaned the grow area and set up a 5 x 5 frame, and hung the light. Getting ready to put soil in the pots inorder to transplant.....the clones and seedlings are 10 days old......I've super cropped the seedlings already, a couple times....

100_0086.JPG

100_0085.JPG

some clones are kicking in and surviving, starting to show some new growth. About 12 days....

heres the latest pictures of the Can, and Choc.....

I'm starting to get there pots and soil ready for the transplant...and I'll bury most of the stem.....reusing soil, been reading about it here....

I checked white widow seed, it should be up in a day or two....

first picture chocolopes second picture cannalopes third and fourth pictures some Super Lemon Haze clones...

12 days old....

100_0090.JPG

100_0093.JPG

100_0095.JPG

100_0099.JPG

Good thing ya got those seedlings going cuz IDK if those clones are gonna make it.

Hope you don't mind if i stop in. I am no professional by all means...But it seems the seedlings are stretching a little too much. You should put the lights on closer if it will not burn them. That is if you do not want the plants to stretch as much.

_The Doctor

I was thinking the same thing 420. Jungle, do you have anything covering them? You should have something over them to retain some moisture...like a humidity dome or something.

yes anyone can sit in, but I sort of do my journal self narrative as tho i'm talking to myself or thinking out loud...as well.....in case theres no interest....

as far as the stretch, they are some, but when they get transplanted they'll be burried up and close to the first leaves....

the room has a lot of humidity in it at this time.....and i don't have a dome for my clones...they are in the open like the seedlings....

room for improvemnt i know...tks for the heads up...

Looking good jungle. I will pull up a chair and watch. PEACE!!!

Went to town and added a little to my arsenal......bone meal....never used before..blood meal...never used before...perlite......moisture meter...never used before....I also bought a piece of that styrofoam board with the reflector material on one side.....as part of my walls to the grow room....

The white widow is up......so it survived the beggining of lifehood...the choc. and Cann. have grown and look healthy......

So I will be working on my soil tonight....

one thing I almost picked up today and that was lime...and possibly sulfur...never used any of those before...so
i'll study up on how to use them....and I want to get a soil meter that reads the ph......

.so I'll be mixing up some soil now and putting the reused soil in some pots....I'm reusing two pound bags again also....I cleaned them.......

I'm going to have a SOG and a Semi Cola type grow i've decided...some where between an sog and a cola grow......taking clones from trimming lower branches so the colas can grow big....

so heres some pics.....if you notice on the walls there was a mold problem because this place has no insulation where i'm living but the walls have been cleaned they need painted is all......but i had high humidity last grow.....there was only one plant that developed mold and it was the haze automatic.....so that plant isn't mold proof...so be carefull there.....I have another place to live getting lined up.....it may be this summer or fall.....but it's the ideal place ......so then maybe i can be more relaxed and do some fine tuning and have a set up that I can work with for awhile....meanwhile i'm where i am....

100_0137.JPG

100_0139.JPG

Transplanted the choc. and Cann, yesterday, seemed to go ok...there in there final pots now, only 2 lb bags...bought some sugar, a ph meter, and some popsicle type sticks to write on keeping track of the strains ect....as they are put with each plant....

heres some pictres..

theres still chance of 4 to 5 SLH clones pulling through....

WW still growing.

tested soil most of it was about 7 some between 6 and 7 ph...So it's about right I guess.

100_0173.JPG

100_0176.JPG

100_0178.JPG

100_0169.JPG

The 3 cannalopes and the 2 chocolopes at 3 weeks old...I'm planning on giving them their first shot of fertilizer tonight.....with a weakened solution....because they are small...

100_0330.JPG

100_0336.JPG

Latest posts

Back