Do ff nutes go bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intellenoob

Reaction score
Hey all, im pretty sure I have some ff nutes lying around from about 5-6 years ago. My question is--are they still good? I had the three liquid nutes and I think beastie bloomz. Thx in advance!

If there is nothing solid in the liquid, like the crust you might see on the pour spout, it should still be good.

If there is sediment on the bottom and such, not so much so.

Wet

I believe because the following is true:

Grow Big = Synthetic
Tiger Bloom = Synthetic
Big Bloom = ORGANIC

The Big Bloom does have a shelf life, but is completely influenced by storage,....and freshness could probably be determined based upon smell but thats a guess.

i keep my big bloom in the fridge, and have considered freezing it.

I have called ff before and asked this same question,... and in regards to the mineral/synthetic ferts, the grow big and the tiger bloom, they may get crystally over time, but reconstitute nicely back into a clean liquid by shaking the dog snot out of them for a bit. A warm water soak is beneficial ime.

peace :)

If you are in DWC, you can try and if nothing seems to happen, do a quick res change and you should not have more than a brief delay. They should have only gotten weaker and shouldn't cause harm. I only buy feminized seeds so I would trash them and not risk harm or delay.

I have had the BigBloom go bad on me plenty of times. As Justafarmer said, keep it in the fridge and you're good to go. I now keep all of my nutes in a mini-fridge. I also store the GH ph7.0 reference solution for my ph pen in the mini-fridge, it goes bad quickly if I don't.

but reconstitute nicely back into a clean liquid by shaking the dog snot out of them for a bit. A warm water soak is beneficial ime.

I just threw out a 1 liter container of FloraMicro that I had for approximately 5 months that had hardened in the bottom.

Latest posts

Back