Do u have to check the water before u add nutriets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz1873

Reaction score
Hi

Do u have to check the water before u can add your nutrients. Think its a cf level??? Is this really important? I know that if u add your nutrients to the water it has 2 have a ph level of about 6.8. Can i use ordinary tap water or what (U.K)??

Cheer man

If your using hard water, like it is in the uk. The CF level will normally be about 10, you should half that value (as most of it will be dead salts) and add it to your nutrient level. E.G if you wanted a cf level of 12, you would put it up to 17. Other than that you could buy a water filter, which your plants will love you for. And yes it is important to check this.

Are you using hydro or soil grow?

StOnEd-On-NL said:
If your using hard water, like it is in the uk. The CF level will normally be about 10, you should half that value (as most of it will be dead salts) and add it to your nutrient level. E.G if you wanted a cf level of 12, you would put it up to 17. Other than that you could buy a water filter, which your plants will love you for. And yes it is important to check this.

Are you using hydro or soil grow?

Im growing hydroponics NFT system dude..Where will i get a water filter from and how much??I should purchase a cf reader yeah??

yes you will definatly need a cf reader for growing hydro. If you follow the instructions on the bottle of nutrients you will be sort of in the right place, but its best to be exact. You will have to search the net fot the filter. You might want to get a ph reader aswell as 6.8 is a bit high, you want it to be about 5.5 - 6.3

StOnEd-On-NL said:
yes you will definatly need a cf reader for growing hydro. If you follow the instructions on the bottle of nutrients you will be sort of in the right place, but its best to be exact. You will have to search the net fot the filter. You might want to get a ph reader aswell as 6.8 is a bit high, you want it to be about 5.5 - 6.3

My UK tap water seems to be ph 7.8 would this be right??

99% of tap water is alkaline... your water is on par. My tap is 7.78 everyday.

Latest posts

Back