Do you guys still Dream?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I play/deal a lot of poker and if I'm up late playing I dream about it all night and wake up every 1/2 hour or so, I play the same hand over and over and don't get any good sleep on those nights.

dont sleep long enough to dream. like now. its 3am, and i'm still wide awake. wish i could see lottery numbers in my dreams. lol. especially tomorrows thats 312 mil. :p :hubba: ...

still hunting down the sandman...

Jericho said:
I have noticed that I dont dream or remember dreaming any more. If I dont smoke for a couple of days then I remember my dreams but if I smoke I dont.

Does anyone have the same experience? Found it rather odd.

It's true. I know exactly what you mean. When I am not smoking I dream vividly and often remember and can sometimes interpret my dreams. When I smoke . . . no. I don't recall dreaming.

Interesting input from everyone. I just found it strange that i couldn't remember them any more. Not sure if its anything to do with the smoking.

I remember my dreams used to be very vivid. Might need to do some experimenting with my smoking.

I dream of murder and car racing, being shot by automatic weapons and crashing a fast car, falling off a truck, jumping off a bridge with no bungee into water, flying on a boogie board?! of all things, being eaten by a 6ft rat, I fall a lot - like off the plane of earth...its all black down there

I used to have this dream of a house i lived in when i was young, House would be on fire and i would be floating from my bed down the stairs and through the back door. Was weird as it lasted forever for such a short distance, Such weird details as well, i could recall everything i saw on the way down.

Most the dreams i remember from when i have not been high are usually of people i dont speak with any more, People i have unfinished business with.

OGKushman said:
I dream of murder and car racing, being shot by automatic weapons and crashing a fast car, falling off a truck, jumping off a bridge with no bungee into water, flying on a boogie board?! of all things, being eaten by a 6ft rat, I fall a lot - like off the plane of earth...its all black down there
lol we kinda dream alike. have you ever been smothered by whales lol

I used to have lots of dreams falling too, sum times i can teleport befor i hit ground, thats pretty ballin when that happend. I keep jumping then just for the extreme rush... fun stuff if you can teleport

I once had an "epic dream" (the name I gave to a dream that seems like a few days of real time) about huge alien monsters attacking earth, it was pure nuts, I wish I could have recorded that dream and made it a movie, there was a romance and a love scene in it aswell lol. it definatly woulda beat avatar at the box office lol. it seriusly felt as if it lasted 3 days and it was amazingly realistic. i rember ripping in my car while watching planes and tanks fighting these mile high aliens. it was so realistic that when everyone was fleeing i grabed all my weed first befor booking it to my car lol pure epic. i wish i could remeber everything about it

dang i just dreamed i was going bald....:holysheep: i dont want to be bald...lol

I'm able to control "what" I dream about at times. When I was younger and less expereanced I was able to do it better.
I was just thinking this morning about how vivid my dream was last night.

If you like to dream and want some lucid ones.. go eat an entire bag of Ginger snaps just before bed!.... ;)

Yes, dream all the time, sometimes I wish I didn't...had a dream the other night that really hit me hard, a dream about my recently departed dad!

I smoke so that I can do two things.
1. Sleep I hope all night.
2. so that I don't dream.

Here is a recurring nightmare I had for years until I wrote it out. That's when I realized it was real and although not like my nightmare, it was two days of horror.
I know that some of it will be edited, but you still can get the idea of why I smoke.

This happened in Feb. 1966 when I was still a baby at 19.

I am on patrol in the most slimy, **** smelling, and leach infested swap and jungle that only a twisted mind can conjure up.
There is no sun. Just dark shadows and shapes and shads of gray. It is hot and sultry. You can smell the vegetation and blotted carcasses of the dead rotting all around you.
I am leading my squad of twelve marines across an open area of mud and slime that is holding on to our feet, sucking us down to the bowels of hell. We struggle across the swampy area towards a tree line. Sweat pouring off of us struggling for air as we inch towards the tree line, and goddamn it, just as we reach dry ground the tree line explodes in our faces.
We are in an ambush, NVA(North Vietnamese Army) out in the open shooting and killing us like fish in a barrel.
We are all firing back, scoring hits, you can see the bullets striking them, but they don’t go down and die. They just keep firing on us.
We try to move to cover while we return fire and as I am covering for my men I shot one in the face and see it explode in a mass of blood, flesh and bone and he dies instantly.
I start screaming to what is left of my squad to shot them in the face shot them in the face, but no one hears me.
As I keep pushing for cover I see my men falling in the mud, blood gushing from their open wounds, guts spilling into the quagmire that we can’t escape staining the earth crimson red where they die. I try to kill my enemy and get my men to safety but it is more then I can do. I keep moving to cover killing the NVA as they cross the swampy ground we wear just struggling on with the greatest of ease.
All my men are dead. Men? Boys really, They wear only eighteen and nineteen years old.
I have killed all of the NVA but one, and when I pull the trigger instead of the blast and roar of a round going off, it is just a click, my rifle is empty.
I am diving behind a large rotting log looking from my back up piece, the NVA soldier is right behind me, diving after me as I jump behind the log. I can’t find it; my pistol is lost in the mud. I am frantically running my hands though the shity mud looking for it as the soldier falls on me.
No air, I am sweating as if a river of water was flowing from my body, I am screaming in terror, I am grabbing and punching and fighting for my life.

I come bolt up straight in my bed, its four a.m. time for the last watch. My bed is soaked in sweat, like some one poured a big bucket of water on it. I check the perimeter of my home, good no NVA. I have a dog and I trust him, but you never know, he might be asleep on the job. A dog is a good excuse to go out and check the lines at four a.m. the cops look at you and think poor bastard, has to walk the dog.
And so it goes, the nightmare, some nights it is there some nights not. Where does it come from? From being a witness to life and death, to being in a war and seeing people and friends die and wondering forty years later, why are you still here?
Sometimes when I am doing last watch I wonder what other veterans of combat dream about and how often? Is it like me, six eight times a year? More? Less? How do they deal with it? Not easy questions.
What I do hope for, as a combat vet, is that we can find peace in our selves and a balance in our lives and that we don’t have so many nightmares.

In almost every dream I have, I have the ability to levitate and fly. I mean just my body. In the dream, its as natural as walking. I just lift off and go as fast or as high and far as I want to in the dream. Sometimes, other people in the dream can also do it. Not often, but sometimes. Mostly, all the other people aren't able to, but they seem to accept that fact that I'm flying around. :D

Sometimes the dreams are just everyday type life, (except for the flying), and other times its a sweat pouring freak out.

I dreamed one time that someone had broke into the house and was standing over me while I slept and was getting ready to stab me with a huge knife. I woke up on my feet, looking for the guy. That one was so real that I actually searched the room, the house and the yard with my heart still pounding and my close-up weapon locked, loaded and ready. I was up the rest of the night. I couldn't trust myself sleeping again.

I have pretty intense dreams. Lately, its been zombie dreams. Almost every night, lol.

I do want to try lucid dreaming though.

Cowboy said:
I smoke so that I can do two things.
1. Sleep I hope all night.
2. so that I don't dream.

Here is a recurring nightmare I had for years until I wrote it out. That's when I realized it was real and although not like my nightmare, it was two days of horror.
I know that some of it will be edited, but you still can get the idea of why I smoke.

This happened in Feb. 1966 when I was still a baby at 19.

I am on patrol in the most slimy, **** smelling, and leach infested swap and jungle that only a twisted mind can conjure up.
There is no sun. Just dark shadows and shapes and shads of gray. It is hot and sultry. You can smell the vegetation and blotted carcasses of the dead rotting all around you.
I am leading my squad of twelve marines across an open area of mud and slime that is holding on to our feet, sucking us down to the bowels of hell. We struggle across the swampy area towards a tree line. Sweat pouring off of us struggling for air as we inch towards the tree line, and goddamn it, just as we reach dry ground the tree line explodes in our faces.
We are in an ambush, NVA(North Vietnamese Army) out in the open shooting and killing us like fish in a barrel.
We are all firing back, scoring hits, you can see the bullets striking them, but they don’t go down and die. They just keep firing on us.
We try to move to cover while we return fire and as I am covering for my men I shot one in the face and see it explode in a mass of blood, flesh and bone and he dies instantly.
I start screaming to what is left of my squad to shot them in the face shot them in the face, but no one hears me.
As I keep pushing for cover I see my men falling in the mud, blood gushing from their open wounds, guts spilling into the quagmire that we can’t escape staining the earth crimson red where they die. I try to kill my enemy and get my men to safety but it is more then I can do. I keep moving to cover killing the NVA as they cross the swampy ground we wear just struggling on with the greatest of ease.
All my men are dead. Men? Boys really, They wear only eighteen and nineteen years old.
I have killed all of the NVA but one, and when I pull the trigger instead of the blast and roar of a round going off, it is just a click, my rifle is empty.
I am diving behind a large rotting log looking from my back up piece, the NVA soldier is right behind me, diving after me as I jump behind the log. I can’t find it; my pistol is lost in the mud. I am frantically running my hands though the shity mud looking for it as the soldier falls on me.
No air, I am sweating as if a river of water was flowing from my body, I am screaming in terror, I am grabbing and punching and fighting for my life.

I come bolt up straight in my bed, its four a.m. time for the last watch. My bed is soaked in sweat, like some one poured a big bucket of water on it. I check the perimeter of my home, good no NVA. I have a dog and I trust him, but you never know, he might be asleep on the job. A dog is a good excuse to go out and check the lines at four a.m. the cops look at you and think poor bastard, has to walk the dog.
And so it goes, the nightmare, some nights it is there some nights not. Where does it come from? From being a witness to life and death, to being in a war and seeing people and friends die and wondering forty years later, why are you still here?
Sometimes when I am doing last watch I wonder what other veterans of combat dream about and how often? Is it like me, six eight times a year? More? Less? How do they deal with it? Not easy questions.
What I do hope for, as a combat vet, is that we can find peace in our selves and a balance in our lives and that we don’t have so many nightmares.

Dude thats rough, you guys got caught up in a bullsh*t war. I know this wont help but wish you could find peace in your life, I cant imagine what it must have been like to have been there. Peace to you and all yours.

I have similar feelings to Cowboy about this. When I dream I often see images and sequences related to places I've lived that have had bad effects on me. Desert islands or Mid East or really primitive societies.

leafminer said:
It's true. I know exactly what you mean. When I am not smoking I dream vividly and often remember and can sometimes interpret my dreams. When I smoke . . . no. I don't recall dreaming.

:yeahthat:​

Yup yup...

A few years ago my tolerance was getting beyond the 'stun' level :joint: :bong2: and I decided to clear my head for a while and go on the wagon. :( My initial goal was to abstain from weed for a few months but all in all I stopped smoking for about 10 months in 2006-7... til I had a trip to Europe routed thru Amsterdam and THAT was the end of THAT...:hubba:

Anyhoo.... during this period I had MUCH more vivid and WACKY dreams than I had in years... I still dream now but it's nothing like THAT was...:p Those were some WACKADOO dreamz... Scenes like being with a co-worker, the barista I see regularly at my local coffee shop and my parents swimming through bowling alleys and there goes John F Kennedy on a raft with Marilyn Monroe and Sammy Davis Jr...:confused:

:rofl:

Peace~! :cool:

I got high last night and during the night, I dreamed that I was sleeping and not dreaming. In my dream within the dream, I thought it puzzling that I could sleep without dreaming, but then realized in the dream that in the dream I was dreaming. Then, I stopped dreaming in the dream and realized I'd been dreaming while high.

wait....I'm confused... :doh: :D :p

Hey Stoney at your advance age do you get to dream in color?:p

ozzydiodude said:
Hey Stoney at your advance age do you get to dream in color?:p
Only when I'm not watching a black and white TV in the dream.

Some of the old dream movies don't have any talking! Just some guy hammering on a piano! hahahahaahaha

Latest posts

Back