Do you have kids?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi dc

Reaction score
my girl and i are think when we have kids what are we going to do. We both love to smoke and would like to continue to smoke the rest of our lives.
I am only 24 and i have a lot of time to think about it.

I know that GreenDayGirl keeps her garden out side away from the kids.

What do you do with kids around?

i have two sons....and am pretty open with both of them...they know i smoke and for what reasons i smoke too...i have smoked a bit here and there with my oldest son ...hes a teen now, and i decided to have a puff with him because he actually came to me and ASKED if he could smoke with his friends :eek:

i figured due to his openess for me by asking that he was showing great maturity and respect for me as a parent, so i thought sure...in my presence..then it could be controled and he wouldn't end up doing what i did the first time...smoked too much and puked :(
as far as the grow goes...they do have ideas but have never seen....you can't tell about something you have never seen...anything beyond actual sight is speculation ;)

you write passionatly about your kids, alsome

Mine have seen it. by accident. hey curious toddler and the little bit older one and running around the house playing hide and seek. I don't smoke in the house and def. after they are in bed.

I just told the eldest that they were just some plants I am getting ready for outside when it gets warm then they won't be there. since then I have moved my veg. cab. so he doesn't even think anything of it.

When my kids get older, education will be my number one priority. Even now I watch the news and educate my eldest on the BAD drugs. I have it so ingrained in his thinking that Meth and stuff will kill you or get you put in jail. (that is one of my worst fears is meth). He asked about drugs from getting taught in school. and I already re-enforced what they say about the hard drugs, but immediatly dispell any myths about MJ, but told him that you need a doctors note to use. ;) Sorry for the long read.

never lie to your children ,,they are smarter then you think,,,if you lie,, they will never trust you as you would be liar ,,,,i have twins 16 year old girls ,,, i have found the truth is the best way. you be the one to talk to them about drugs and not some ******* off the street ,,good luck my friend its a long scary road,, being a parent is the hardest job i ever had ,, there is on rule book to help you ,,,,,,,peace,,love ,,rastafari

I agree with you 100% Rasta. Thats why I said some plants. didn't say what kind but at 8 yrs old. can't trust the "brutal honesty" of young children. Best to keep em in the dark about it. I treat it like the ole sex talk. Kids need to be doing what kids do best. playing, riding bikes, playing baseball. not thinkin about sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll if you know what I mean. but if they ask, tell em the truth with some ommisions. hahahaha.

mutt its like walking a tite rope (with no saftey net) peace,love,rastafari

Amen to that. I was so worried about the sex talk. then 4 days ago my eldest bombed me with the question I never thought about. Freakin TV.

"Daddy what does gay mean". Wow. My mind was going a hundred MPH. Sorted out. Just wish it still meant happy. It confused the hell outa him. but did the best I could. :confused: . Dude kids will keep you on your toes. but Rasta has the most street cred. 2 twin 16 yr. old girls. Wow. I don't think I could do it. Man, you gotta be a patient individual. I Give you props

Growing up, I smoked with my dad and everyone from his family and still buy my weed from my older cousin.

I guess he got wind that I was doing it and one day we were all at the table and it was going around, my cousin asked my dad once it got to me; "can he have some of this?" - he just looked at me and asked me if I wanted a toke, I obviously said sure.

Then from then on whenever we went out of town to see any relatives on his side of the family, we just toked and toked. I was high during a whole week staying with my aunt, lol.

Good times...

When I was a lot younger, I always knew he did it. Nothing could really get past me, I suppose, at that age.

I have two sons, a 10 year old and a almost 3 year old. The 3 year old calls them "mommy's flowers". I try like hell to hide everything from my 10 year old! He just doesn't need to know about the 5ft MJ plants growing less than 6ft from his bedroom window! It's difficult enough for me to be able to look him in the eye and try to explain what an eight of weed, or a bong is because someone "forgot" to hide it (funny thing about hiding things when you're stoned). I'm sure he's not as oblivious to it as I'd like to belive he is but he's only 10 and a 10 year old faces enough shit these days. I want him to feel like hes at least "safe" at home. PS: 10 year olds also "talk" and not always to the appropriate people, how do you tell your 10 year old to lie for you?

For the record this is just my opinion, my boyfriend grew up in a home where his mother grew and smoked with all of the kids and he turned out just fine. I'd love to do that, I'm just afraid to lose custody of my children. It's hard to find a "balance".

GreenDayGirl said:
For the record this is just my opinion, my boyfriend grew up in a home where his mother grew and smoked with all of the kids and he turned out just fine. I'd love to do that, I'm just afraid to lose custody of my children. It's hard to find a "balance".

yes!!!! it is a huge fear i think to all mums...the authorties jumping in and taking the kids :(

since my kids are a bit older than yours (14 and 11) they fully know and understand that mum can go to jail if they tell people that i smoke

just like rasta said...don't lie to the kids man...use Mutts theory of telling them just the few facts they need to know ;)

LdyLunatic said:
yes!!!! it is a huge fear i think to all mums...the authorties jumping in and taking the kids (dads have that fear also ,but i know what you mean )peace,love,rastafari ;)

I agree, scares the hell outa me. I would lose my mind if I lost custody of my kids.

"DARE" there is the scarey shit!
Yogi..you want my advice?...skip the kids, go straight to grandkids..:p

Hick said:

No shit Hick, My kid can identify it all, except a live plant they just showed him what a doobie looked like and a bud. hahahahaha

:confused: gonna feed the kids superthrive or something Hick? hahahahahahahaha

not saying its never happened ,,most states would not take your kids for pot (unkess you were selling and growing ahole lot ) if the state takes your kids they would have to support them ,,and the state to cheap ,,,they would make you take drug classes and drug test ,,,but as always be careful when it comes to the children ,,peace love rastafari :D (it is a very unpleasent and expensive experience .having the kids see you dragged off in cuffs is real bad)

Hick said:

hahah....yeah being a grandma is starting to look like a lot more fun than being a mummy ;)

Mutt...i hear ya on the DARE stuff and learned it in grade 3 for christ sakes...my kids know what all the drug stuff is ...down to scissors and papers...total crap if you ask me ...and kids are also told that they should be telling the police if they see their parents with these things because they may need to stop doing these bad drugs

hows that for brainwashing?? :mad:

rasta...sorry yes ....i should have specified more that as parents we don't want to see our kids lost in the system

How do you explain to your child the difference between "good drugs" and "bad drugs" when they are being told that ALL drugs are bad? I can only imagine if my child wonders if "mommy" is a bad person for doing drugs...what a horrible thought. PS: Once you are in the "system" you will always be in the "system":(

GreenDayGirl said:
How do you explain to your child the difference between "good drugs" and "bad drugs" when they are being told that ALL drugs are bad? I can only imagine if my child wonders if "mommy" is a bad person for doing drugs...what a horrible thought. PS: Once you are in the "system" you will always be in the "system":(

I know the delimma. but I still have the talk and show my elder that sometimes the law is misguided. I show him the medical stuff and just re-inforce that people need it.
But keep on his tail about other drugs. Meth, crack, herion, shit like that. I show him the pictures of the poeple. It scared him. but needs to be done with these ******* peddling the shit.

I talked to an attorney about the system. He told me that if something like gettin busted happened they would more than likely hand custody over to the grandparents until the legal thing was over. That put some of my fears to rest.

Latest posts

Back