Do you have to open the door ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi dc

Reaction score
Hey was up my peoples :eek: , i am just using a friends computer to check in. i have a quick question.
Do you have to open the door if leo is knocking?
if someone has called to say that they smelled MJ coming out of your apt.

hey whats up yogi ,,if the cops knock on your door and you do not answer ,as long as they do not smell pot you would be ok ,,if they smell pot they have reasonable suspicion that a crime is being committed inside,(pot smoking ) they would have a legal right to bust open the door ,but they would risk alot ,,a good lawyer could say how could they proof the smell was coming from your house ,maybe someone walk by smoking a joint ,they would probably make a good show for who ever called them ,but in the end would leave ,,,,,,but be careful get a cop with an attitude and you could have a problem ,,anyway good luck ,,stay true as always PEACE,LOVE,RASTA

It depends entirely on what the search and seisure laws are where you live.

In some states, the smell coming out of an apartment would give the cops reasonable cause to enter. They have to knock in some states and in others, they don't. The laws in the various states are so screwed up, you almost have to have a lawyer with you.

Good luck man and I hope it was a what if question and not a last night problem.

I was at a party and the cops came but everyone ran off or went inside and turned off all the lightsand acted like no one was home, and my friend was getting the window open in case they come threw the door and they saw my friend threw the window and they didnt come in. All they did was knocked no one answered and they left and we resumed getting high and drunk off our assess.

So no you dont have to answer and they cant come in with out a search warrent and when they try to call it in the smell of pot wont be a good enough reason to get one from the judge.

hey yogi......i think the fellas got it right...the laws are so different everywhere its a tough cal

BUT...tiss good to see you again :D

thanks lots my peoples, i miss you all and i will return in the fall. i have some nice new seeds to germinate and some new growing stratiges that i will like to put to some use.

And yes Stoney Bud that was a what if question. Someone asked me and i didnot have a clue, but it was a good question to ask the all knowing smokers of the MP.

Thats a great Av LdyLunatic, tiss good to see ya too, even though we cant see eachother. i know that you husban is a lucky man!!! how is he anyway?
later,
Yogi Dc

In my state they just passed a law that they don't have to knock if they have a warrant. Bullcrap if ya ask me. but it is a Law.
But no warrant no entry without your permission. ;)

thanx, mutt it is good to hear from you big dog !!!

Latest posts

Back