Do you name your plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
When I use a 400w HPS with a lightweight, glass-free hood for plants of one strain, I usually name my collective grow Cabello en Fuego. If I am doing a really heavy, couchlock strain, I may name it Valium (Diazepam if I wanna get generic).

Occasionally I dabble in the Solanaceae. I haven't named any of my tomato and jalapeño plants, but I have named a few Serrano pepper plants Andres.

I think/talk/refer to my plants by number....... it starts when I take clones.

Ya i do the same as Grower13, although i do refer to them as "My babies" sometimes.

I too use numbers now..lol...did do a run a few years back useing the names of the "female Grow group" here at MP:D other then that..I dont name

i name my boyfriendz after musical instrments. last one was trumpet and obow.

Her Royal Highness said:
i name my boyfriendz after musical instrments. last one was trumpet and obow.

....it's too easy i can't do it:p ......btw...oboe....

I only name intial girls from seed. That is pretty much only to track if they hermie or not on me. Once i select the right one for me, I take cuttings of said plant and not worry about labeling. I do However talk to ALL my girls no matter what. Usually some words of encouragement. :aok:

:peace:,

7greeneyes:D

I/we have only named one plant. A plant that went thru heck, put out in the freezing weather of March, went on to be a great plant, Tuffy. She turned out well.

Mostly just call them collectively "The Girls".

I've named a few, when circumstances are "special". Usually they are just numbered.
:48:

The only one I've ever named was my first female. I named her "The Queen"

Why yes, yes I do. But they all share the same name....Sexy.

LOL--no. After hundreds and hundreds of plants it is hard to imagine naming them individually. I am like tcbud. I just call them collectively "The Girls". If they are unsexed seedlings, they are collectively known as "The Kids".

I've had 4 named girls, an Annuaki girl called Callie (named by a 5yr old that loves plants), A tough to germ seed (White Rhino if I remember right) I ended up taking on vacation with me that surpisingly germed away from home became known as Travelocity (Thanks OHC for tagging her), and now an accidental cross I have going known now as "Travelocity rides again", and "Travelocity III" (Thanks 4u2sm0ke for the repeat Travelocity idea) are going for the micro grow thread here.
Otherwise ... No names- I have had pets I haven't even named, LOL.

Latest posts

Back