Do you trim damaged fan leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
Should I trimm off any damaged fan leaves while I am deep into flower?

Is there anything I shouldn't do while trimming in flower?

Thanks

dont trim anything thats not necessary, if its a dying leaf let the plants drop them when they done with them, sometimes some of the lower leaves become useless to the plant so they start to take what is necessary and then try shed the leaves, just let them do their thing and clean up what they drop, sometimes you have to pick the out if they dont fall to the floor.

I usually just try to touch it lightly and if it falls off ok if not then I say not ready

I am talking about doing N00b damage and burning crimping the fan leaves. Can I cause problems taking them off if I have to pull off?

well even if it has some nute burn or crimping or what ever let it go, there are still nutrients and things the plants uses in the leaf even if its not 100%, let the plant take what it wants and drop the leaves when its well and ready. excessive stress can cause hermie issues so dont cut or prune anything in flower unless its absoutly necessary like if a bud has rot and you dont want it to spread, but for an ugly leaf naw let the plant do its thing.

StankDank if there is a leaf with nothing left in it and I can't tuck it out of the way of the buds I cut it off, they don't always fall off by themselves.

sure they do, it may take a while and you may have a half dead leaf hanging but when the plant has taken all it can from the leaf it will drop it, i dont cut anything thats in flower besides a small clean up around week 1.5-2 of flower, after that any cutting will cause stress to the plant, and our goal is to not cause stress. sometimes if the leaf is dead enough and with nothing more then a very gently pull ill pull some leaves off but if it doesnt give way with a gently tug then its not ready to be taken off. honestly though even if the leaf has some nutes spilled on it and its gnarled and ugly ill still leave it till the plant drops it on her own, who cares if a few leaves look ugly, looks arnt as important as a stress free life. let them do their thing and leave them be as much as possible, yah dont want your strain to possibly hermie from stress, its not worth the chance of a hermie just to get rid of an ugly leaf or 2... but to each his own i suppose.

No they don't ALWAYS fall by themselves. I have seen sometimes where the leaf actually dries up and turns brown and still has to but cut away from the stem. It happened to me with one particular strain but I can't remember which one it was. More often than not though, they will fall off on their own. I do the same thing, if I see one that looks ready to fall, I touch it and see if it lets go.

i remove leaves and prune plants in the veg but in flowering i never prun anything except for a lil bit of the bottom popcorn buds but as rosebud said after 2 weeks i do not remove any leafs or branches

Think I'm gonna keep my tap method for yellow damaged leaves seems to be working good.

I trimmed all the crispy leaves on my top cola seems ok so far

Latest posts

Back