Do you use LED grow lights for your indoor cannabis growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ledgrowing

Reaction score
Hello,
May I know what kind of grow light you guys are using?
I saw this grow light on ins. Does anyone used it? Thanks

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 24
Looks to be standard Quatum tech approx 300-600 watts depending on what the boards are rated and driven.
Any links

I have built my own using HLG Quantum boards and a good driver to power them (need the right driver depending on the power draw).
Save some money look into building yourself

Im using the iL8x LED right now. Never seen that one you posted, but looks like a normal quantum board LED. I think HLG is on the race on par with iluminar for quality/price ratio right now.

Looks nice, seems more online for commercial use.

For my money right now, I see no better light for me and my uses, ( 2x4 and 4x4 tents) than Mars Hydro SP3000. Look at the in depth par testing done by Cocoforcannabis site. Perfect pattern in 2x2, worst corners over 700. 2 of those lights in a 4x4? À+ according to them, even better pattern.

I'm sure others can also do this, the site given has tested many.The other point is cost.

Full price 399, I've obtained two deeply discounted by Mars Hydro. 1800 par? Way too much unless your grow is super scientific as to strain, and it's precise uptake, supplying what it can uptake, light par adjusted to formula, tweeked with CO2.

I had a 2x4 experiment with 3 to of the cheap Phlizon led (1000 model,now 80 bucks apiece,
That did quite well. For me and my world, SP3000 is the cost benefit light in 2x4 and 4x4.

Many choices, Liked the extensive testing done at various heights, in exactly the 2 sized tents I have used.

Plus, on sale, Mars Hydro puts these on regularly, along with discount code from Cocoforcannabis.

Bubba

Thank you Rosterman.. sorry I should have put up a little more info. It's a great light a little pricey but I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.this particular light is no exception. It's great low heat max results.

Looks nice, seems more online for commercial use.

For my money right now, I see no better light for me and my uses, ( 2x4 and 4x4 tents) than Mars Hydro SP3000. Look at the in depth par testing done by Cocoforcannabis site. Perfect pattern in 2x2, worst corners over 700. 2 of those lights in a 4x4? À+ according to them, even better pattern.

I'm sure others can also do this, the site given has tested many.The other point is cost.

Full price 399, I've obtained two deeply discounted by Mars Hydro. 1800 par? Way too much unless your grow is super scientific as to strain, and it's precise uptake, supplying what it can uptake, light par adjusted to formula, tweeked with CO2.

I had a 2x4 experiment with 3 to of the cheap Phlizon led (1000 model,now 80 bucks apiece,
That did quite well. For me and my world, SP3000 is the cost benefit light in 2x4 and 4x4.

Many choices, Liked the extensive testing done at various heights, in exactly the 2 sized tents I have used.

Bubba
I grow in a 4x4 tent also. This GSC is using that light. Best of luck sir.

Attachments

• 20210817_190506.jpg
    20210817_190506.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 18
Wonder what tech will come next
Seems like I've noticed many high end manufacturers using other than the famous Samsung 301 family. Both because of shortages, and new technology. The high end brands are getting all the light necessary, and these other leds are under driven, which should extend life and reduce heat.

Penetration and dispersal of light are other areas that are getting big improvements.

Bubba

Yes indeed China is playing some funny shiit now that the US has become dependent on their electronics.
We sent all our Factories over there and now they are the only producers of certain things.
Smart War move

Looks like the H model is about 1350.00 retail.
Not only dimmable, but each spectrum is adjustable. They give approx 1700 on PAR measurements. They didn't give, or I didn't find at what height this was obtained.

I would like to see full PAR testing (if it already out there, it likely will be. Various heights, and resulting PAR measurements in the center zone and far corners.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back