Do you use LED grow lights for your indoor cannabis growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the H model is about 1350.00 retail.
Not only dimmable, but each spectrum is adjustable. They give approx 1700 on PAR measurements. They didn't give, or I didn't find at what height this was obtained.

I would like to see full PAR testing (if it already out there, it likely will be. Various heights, and resulting PAR measurements in the center zone and far corners.

Bubba
You Big Know it all LOL

I don't think it would prove insufficient, just the opposite. If at 20 + inches they get 1700, it is too much light FOR MY setup. About 1000-1100 is about all I can use.

If the 1700 is at a lower than 20 inch height, raising it should lower the center zone PAR, and typically raise PAR in the corners.

Right now, at 20 inches I'm sitting 950-1000 PAR center zone, corners remaining over 700.
This is all the light I can use in setup now.

Bubba

I built my own setup using regular LED lights that I could find on Amazon for a low price. All of my lights are purple. I read a study that concluded that purple-colored light helps plants grow. I once heard about a lunatic in my town growing cannabis using a solar flag pole light and that the results were astonishing. I could not believe it, so I bought this one https://www.amazon.com/Flagpole-Energy-Battery-Illumunation-Vont/dp/B00YBDA7DC/ from Amazon and tried to figure out what the hell he could be using this light for and how it helped him in any way. I could not, for the love of God, figure it out. I still think that it’s just an urban legend. I gave up and just hung it on my flag since I already bought it anyway. I still don’t understand how I could fall for such a stupid story.

Last edited:
A question, I am looking for a new better LED light since i got the cheapest one for my first grow...
I plan to grow (auto's for now) in about 1m2 box that will be fully dressed in Mylar Diamond foil. So about 4 plants would fit inside. I'm having trouble deciding whats a good light for those conditions; Viparspectra 600w or something like Mars Hydro TS1000 ...? Just some examples, i wanna buy quality light that can sustain my grows and last.
Some feedback or suggestons on this would be appreciated, have a look at the site linked since I'm in europe its very expensive to order from outside :p

A question, I am looking for a new better LED light since i got the cheapest one for my first grow...
I plan to grow (auto's for now) in about 1m2 box that will be fully dressed in Mylar Diamond foil. So about 4 plants would fit inside. I'm having trouble deciding whats a good light for those conditions; Viparspectra 600w or something like Mars Hydro TS1000 ...? Just some examples, i wanna buy quality light that can sustain my grows and last.
Some feedback or suggestons on this would be appreciated, have a look at the site linked since I'm in europe its very expensive to order from outside :p
I use Mars hydro, viper spectras, and spider farmer.
All three are good options, I personally like the Mars hydro and spider farmer myself.

I would go spider farmer than Mars Hydro
Mars has come a long way from the old purple blue lights (burple)
Mars has some better units than the TS1000 also

1.2 meter....wide, tall or what. close to 4 ft, if 4 feet or so long, how wide? TS 1000 would do a 2x2 0r maybe 3x3, I think Carty uses similar with great results. If 4 ft wide, two TS 1000 or TSL 2000 or SP 3000, unless you mean 4x4, then double recs or go for one big one. GMO just fired up his 4x4 with one of their new FC-E 8000 lights. GMO also used 4 of the TS 1000 in a 4x4 with great results. Check his journals,

Bubba

1m squared Bubba, 1.6x0.7 meters (width x depth) and 1.6m in height. Will check the journals tho ;)

Sorry for us non metric people lol.
Conversion shows roughly 2x5 in standard measurements.
I would use a sp 3000 in a Mars hydro or a sf2000 for that area.

OK, about 5.25 feet long. 1.6 meters = 5.249 ft I think. .7 meter is about 2.3. That single TS1000 would be OK to start, but at veg and especially flower you would want more. GMO's 4x4 used 4 of the TS1000 I believe. s5x2.3 grow. 2 of them ought to do, or a TSL 2000 or SP3000.

bubba

Sorry for us non metric people lol.
Conversion shows roughly 2x5 in standard measurements.
I would use a sp 3000 in a Mars hydro or a sf2000 for that area.
I assume you mean the TSL 2000? maybe?

Bubba

I assume you mean the TSL 2000? maybe?

Bubba
A0531B4B-6E47-4A53-B728-AFD3E5FE5837.png

As far as a spider farmer option.

Oh spider farmer! I thought you were talking Mars Hydro.

I actually just found a used VIPARSPECTRUM W600 for a very nice price, I think im gonna go with that. It's strong compared to the other light mentioned here and I've seen some growers here (and one of my friends has it) use them for even bigger spaces so I think it should be fine. Plus, if I also add the light I'm using now...
Shipping costs where I'm at are very budget killing so buying used local is the way to go heh.
Again, ty for info

I actually just found a used VIPARSPECTRUM W600 for a very nice price, I think im gonna go with that. It's stronger than the other lights mentioned as far as I can tell (umols and such) and I've seen some growers here (and one of my friends has it) use them for even bigger spaces so I think it should be fine. Plus, if I also add the light I'm using now...
Shipping costs where I'm at are very budget killing so buying used local is the way to go heh.
Again, ty for info
Your correct, I have 2 viper spectra “1000 watt”. Actual power on those are 130 watt higher than my “1000 watt” spider farmer that pulls only 100. Only thing I don’t like about running 2 in a 2x4 is the heat.
They definitely seem to burn hotter than my Mars or spider farmer.
But they do work well!
Just keep an eye on your heat!
And happy growing!
FB146FF1-E855-4BE6-BA4B-8879F1410D2A.jpeg

This is what the viper spectra did!

One thing I wished I researched more. Lighting. I have 2 Vipraspectre and 2 Amazon knockoffs, I really wish I went with the Mars Hydro. And at the time it didn't have anything to do with money. I was going to buy 3 of each rather than 2. Glad I didn't. Santa is coming in a couple weeks though and I been trying to be a really good boy. Probably be Mars Hydro with another 2 Vipra's and I will shuck or give away my amazon knockoffs. Use Vipras for side lighting.

I’m running spider farmer SF-2000 lights in my indoor set up in my two by four tent with 5 plants in 7 gallon pots. it is my first grow but the plants have loved it so far through out their veggie cycle and now in flower. I would highly recommend this light for a small tent.

I’m running spider farmer SF-2000 lights in my indoor set up in my two by four tent with 5 plants in 7 gallon pots. it is my first grow but the plants have loved it so far through out their veggie cycle and now in flower. I would highly recommend this light for a small tent.
That should work great. Mars also makes the TSL 2000 which also great for 2x4. I have SP 3000 light for 2x4 and double up for 4x4. Love them, but heat needs dealt with.some of their newer light use the bridge lux LEDs, which run a little cooler.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back