Does Anyone here Grow any Water Lillies for their Ponds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosterMan

Who was that Guy
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else is doing any pond gardens this year. My Koi all died in a massive kill off (unknown cause)
Now I want to try just doing plants and flowers and advise appreciated.

floating Water hyancinth is very nice and blooms all summer. I had them in my fish pond along with some other plants to provide shade for my fish. They are really pretty too.
298D404B-FACD-4231-B686-06040868EB1D.jpeg

floating Water hyancinth is very nice and blooms all summer. I had them in my fish pond along with some other plants to provide shade for my fish. They are really pretty too.
View attachment 324209
OK Thanks I have some on order , I do grow these every year myself , They grow fast and large and the Koi loved to eat them LOL, I am more looking for advise on Lilly pad , Best place to order or buy from, and should I try and buy established plants already growing or the ribosomes and plant in containers myself?

Yeah,,now I know I don't want a pond. It will make me crazy with several personalities.
😁

I grew Lilly pads too but they can be quite invasive. My pond was quite large and deep and took over a portion of my pond. This became a snake area after a while and because we also used the pond for swimming was not the best choice for me in South Georgia at the time.

Yep they are very invasive but bass love them. Always loved fishing Lilly pads for bass and Bluegill.

Latest posts

Back