Does anyone know when I may be able to tell my two strains apart?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
B3007EB6-F551-4064-9A06-4AB0B4842EF4.jpeg
E1523F6B-D1DD-4737-91E3-E648D9FCB5AA.jpeg
CE54B2BF-6B11-4149-9BD2-6CAC4C56ACB9.jpeg
I broke the cardinal rule of not labeling my seedlings when I transplanted them. I had the labels, the marker and the tape ready but I was so excited about how beautiful they looked in the pots, before you know it, I had them all mixed up… anyway I do know I have three granddaddy purple and two gorilla glue #4. I was hoping by now I would be able to see at least the different weed growth or maybe some of that purple color so I would be able to mark my clones something other than 1-5. With my novice eyes and being my first grow, does anyone know if by harvest time I will be able to tell the difference? Maybe someone can tell by my picture. I am in day 17 of 12 on and 12 off. They look beautiful and healthy to me but I’m really not sure of how day 17 of flower in my garden compares to others.

just curious, why are you posting this twice... :rolleyes:

The color purple would appear in the last 4 or 4 weeks of flower and only if the temps are low with lights out. If the dark temps aren't it won't turn purple. I have the strain. You should be able to discern which plants are the same strain. Look at the shape of the leaves, the way the plant branches, similar growth patterns and smell. To determine which strain is which.....either the purp color or you will know when you smoke it.

The color purple would appear in the last 4 or 4 weeks of flower and only if the temps are low with lights out. If the dark temps aren't it won't turn purple. I have the strain. You should be able to discern which plants are the same strain. Look at the shape of the leaves, the way the plant branches, similar growth patterns and smell. To determine which strain is which.....either the purp color or you will know when you smoke it.
They all look similar in leaf shape size and grow pattern. One plant does seem to big digging the tent more being 6” taller but I don’t know if that is just a scrog issue. I’ve a while to wait till 4 weeks prior to harvest but will enjoy watching them till then. And yes, I’m sure I will be able to tell the taste and smoke at the end. I guess I was just in a hurry to recover from one of my mistakes I made during this first grow. Thanks for your reply

They all look similar in leaf shape size and grow pattern. One plant does seem to big digging the tent more being 6” taller but I don’t know if that is just a scrog issue. I’ve a while to wait till 4 weeks prior to harvest but will enjoy watching them till then. And yes, I’m sure I will be able to tell the taste and smoke at the end. I guess I was just in a hurry to recover from one of my mistakes I made during this first grow. Thanks for your reply
if that is your worst mistake you are doing alright.

Mislabeling plants is my specialty

if I can’t see a difference in the leaves , 3 , 6 , 9 , 12 , and 15 bladed leaves

or if I cannot see a difference in node spacing and structure , are they alternating nodes or random crooked nodes

my go to method is the fragrance.....the fragrance , terpenes , tell the truth

ive never grown gorilla glue or the gdp but I bet there is some obvious differences...

my guess is that you will have to wait until the last two weeks before harvest in order to see and smell the differences...

and if that doesn’t work , there is always the smoke test

so when you harvest and want to know the difference , just send me some generous samples and I’ll let you know the results....all free of course.

Good luck. I've grown the same strain times when even then they would be different phenotypes. Sometimes one my "stretch" differently,
sometimes they are like totally different plants. Ive had a purple dawn pheno that reeked of garlic, all the others were sweet grape smell.

Grandaddy purple I had began purpling right when my instuctions said it would, 6th and 7th week. Even some of the pistols were purple.

Bubba

Mine smell something like roses, fragrantly delightful I'm often told. Remember Fat Bas-tard smelling his own fa-rts? I think its from my habit of eating tide pods.

Bubba

If you can get past the smell you got it licked. Mods are off today.....here is a quarter....call somebody who cares.

american-money-washington-quarter-dollar-260nw-1723335823.jpg

If you can get past the smell you got it licked. Mods are off today.....here is a quarter....call somebody who cares.

american-money-washington-quarter-dollar-260nw-1723335823.jpg
But where the Heck is a Payphone
1638731922215.png

Hey Dads what is that thing

Latest posts

Back