Does heavy traffic and ppl cutting you off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I live in South Florida and we have a tourist season here in which every October and November the "snow birds" flock down to South Florida and live here until about Easter. Its great for business's and they bring in a lot of loot so to speak but the traffic gets me,.. Its like the majority don't know where theyre going. They clog up streets and u have to plan to leave a lil early this time of year.. Sometimes I find myselff getting upset.. even a ticket sometimes when it first sets in ( tourist season) because I am trying to get around them. thru them.. to my destination. Finally after a month or so I learn to accept it and just go with the flow and don't worry about getting anywhere too fast. Is traffic and people cutting you off, ever an issue for you? Hero :argue:

Not too sure it's wise to be giving out your location. :O

-nasty

were old. were just looking for a clean bathroom man.:p :D

getnasty said:

-nasty

Take it you never been to So. Fla. Trust me he isn't giving out any info LOL
It don't look big on a map...but trust me, that is no where near enough info.
Finally after a month or so I learn to accept it and just go with the flow and don't worry about getting anywhere too fast.
I took several defensive motorcycle courses...just for that reason there. (i used to ride...but being a dad means i have to stay alive for the time being :( no harley for 10 more yrs) I say even if you don't plan on riding a motorcycle...take a course it will make you a better driver all the way around.
I took a 1. beginner 3 day course. 2. intermediate 3. advanced
they will show you how to weave in and out of traffic safe, obstacle avoidance and reactance, blind spots, all sorts of info The most valuable is how to watch for those people that cut you off, those people ussually let you know before they do...you were not paying attention is all ...
cruisin speed and one lane is always the best....i stick to the middle right and left is forced to go around you ;)
I got miles on me from one coast to the other and back in just about every state of mind you can imagine (I won't be uppity...i partied my *** off recklessly when i was young)...cruise control and keep it in between the lines, and watch for idiots always worked good for me.rounding 37 only been in one wreck involving another vehicle...and then it was a fender bender. by myself on back roads 1 wreck end over end 2x then into a 5x roll....walked away. Motorcycle and a deer....walked away...bear met my chevy truck at 75mph...i walked away the bear didn't :p brakes failed went off an 10' culvert @50...limped away bleeding that one hurt and a hole in the windsheild and steering wheel folded over i gripped it so hard when i hit the ground nose first....seatbelts folks seatbelts they DO work LOL. Been in 7 as a passenger (one of which ejected into a field...again seatbelts folks seatbelts still don't know how i survived that one much less walked away). Walked away every one. Lost my missus to an idiot very drunk driver at 6am. first ever one and only wreck....took her out. I was asleep in bed she was on her way to work. Makes one trip out on stuff man. I should be hamburger meat.
defensive driving has had me accident free since '94 all those accidents took place in high school-my very dumb years so much for drivers ed :p
The older I get the less of a hurry I am in ;) food for thought.

Sorry hero- but we have them here all summer- it's your turn :p

Here they look like sheeps. But man ... better have tourism that don't have anything. I just imagine this little seaside country, with great food, great wine, great ppl with legal weed ... It would be paradise :cool:.

But i agree somewhat with you ... Tourists ... Only females :hubba: We take care of them :hubba:

BBFan said:
Sorry hero- but we have them here all summer- it's your turn :p

This is exactly what I was going to say.

Summer traffic up here gets nuts, especially along the coast. Once the leaves have changed color, we ship them all down to you Hero!

We only have to deal with them for 4 or 5 months. We do like their $$$ though:hubba:

getnasty said:

-nasty

I live In Seattle....more precise...Capital Hill:p ..

and I hates the drivers here:rolleyes:

take care and be safe

LOL you all crack me up. In these months I try and learn to work on tolerance and patience and try to keep myself centered but it can be trying. Thanks ya'll. Hero

getnasty said:

-nasty

I live in southern Ontario, along with 11 or 12 million other people.

The traffic is horrible, I eventually learned its just not worth it and im just chill now.:cool:

I know right Dman. as a child our parents used to bring us to Canada from Ma every summer.. I remember being in Quebec. Montreal and had a grandfather who actually died in a hospital near the border of Maine and Canada I think a place called Edmunton or something. There was a river there I remember.. a Beautifull country as I remember.. We couldnt get Coke.. only Pepsi. or visa versa and my older brothers and Dad would always smuggle back fireworks.. boxs of m-80s and the real cherry bombs.. God that was a long time ago. lol Hero

hero4u2b said:
I know right Dman. as a child our parents used to bring us to Canada from Ma every summer.. I remember being in Quebec. Montreol and had a grandfather who actually died in a hospital near the border of Maine and Canada I think a place called Edmunton or something. There was a river there I remember.. a Beautifull country as I remember.. We couldnt get Coke.. only Pepsi. or visa versa and my older brothers and Dad would always smuggle back fireworks.. boxs of m-80s and the real cherry bombs.. God that was a long time ago. lol Hero

Hero,

You may be thinking about Eddington, Maine. It's right on the river, but I'm not sure if there is a hospital there. It's still about 90 miles from the Canada border, but compared to where you are now, that's "right on the border":) My brother has a cabin up that way, and you are right, it's very pretty country. ( Unless i misunderstood your post and your grandfather died in Canada)

By the way, we have both Coke & Pepsi here now and as of next year, fireworks will be legal here!!.:hubba:

Well this was back over 40 years ago..I am 53 now and I was probobly 10 or so,, My grandfather had sporting camps in Maine on an Island for many years and they were left to my uncle who eventually sold them and we visited Maine alot. My mothers side of the family are all maniancs but the town my grandfather died in I am pretty sure was in Canada but just over the border and there was a river and I remember my parents saying they made perfume there and used skunks or something.. This was a long *** time ago and I was a kid I thought it was Edmuton or Edmenston.. Something like that.. I remember finding Spruce gum. we used to get it off the trees up there and my mother loved to go and find " fiddle heads" some kind of fern thing we used to cook up.. Pretty tasty. The spruce gum come to think of it. might have been a tad bitter. lol Hero

Latest posts

Back