Does size matter? When it comes to seeds…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Recently started my new seeds by dropping them into a glass of water like ILGM page suggests. Also the same way I did last time during my first grow. I put three in each glass (3 different strains) I noticed that two of the three seeds of the GG were quite a bit larger than the third one. They came out of the same bag, same order from ILGM. The Larger of the three popped, grew a little tail and I put them in the root riot plugs. The smaller one just popped today and it will also go in root riot plug along with their larger sister seeds. Should I expect this smaller seed to produce a smaller plant? And is it normal for the seeds from the same order to look different?
and do y’all’s best to stay on topic with the does size matter thing…😊

Funny you bring this up. Just had an argument with Budmiser about this 2 days ago. Telling him about the Black Oger seeds I made last year and how huge they are. Of course, Mr negative lol, says, strongest plant he's ever grown came from a teeny tiny seed. That wasn't the question though dude, it was size.

MJ has so many growth variables that it would make this hard to prove one way or another.

But I like the theory of yes.. big seeds, big plants.

Big seeds always seem to pop quicker but I've grown some good dank from small seeds. Although I will say all my runts came from small seeds.
Good question though.

Here is another reading I found.

I took a few narijuana seeds from a bud. They are all mature but some are almost twice as large as some of the others. Will this have any effect on plant size?

Marijuana seeds from the same bud vary in size for one of two different reasons. First, genetics may play a role in seed size. For instance, some wild Kush seeds are very small while hemp seeds can be much larger.

Seed size might also be determined by environmental factors. Buds that have been pollinated sparingly generally produce larger seeds than buds that have been pollinated extensively. This is largely because the sparsely-pollinated seeds don’t have to compete as hard for nutrients. Certain marijuana seeds in a certain bud may have experienced a better environment than other seeds. Regardless, seed size and plant size are not necessarily related.

But seriously I have had some very tiny seeds turn into monster plants
It depends on the plants genetics and they size seeds they normally produce.

Once, back in Nam
shutterstock_1236751363.jpg

size does not matter in my experience

in fact , if I’m not mistaken , the original Trainwreck seeds we grew 12 years ago were tiny tiny

i have some seeds I made this year , cross of Mexican , Columbian , and lemon Thai that are very small……..but the plant they came off of were 12’ footers…go,figure

DADE0D52-595F-499E-B4C5-400F4D1FB1F2.jpeg

size does not matter in my experience

in fact , if I’m not mistaken , the original Trainwreck seeds we grew 12 years ago were tiny tiny

i have some seeds I made this year , cross of Mexican , Columbian , and lemon Thai that are very small……..but the plant they came off of were 12’ footers…go,figure

View attachment 288759
A beautius site to behold he noted

Funny you bring this up. Just had an argument with Budmiser about this 2 days ago. Telling him about the Black Oger seeds I made last year and how huge they are. Of course, Mr negative lol, says, strongest plant he's ever grown came from a teeny tiny seed. That wasn't the question though dude, it was size.

MJ has so many growth variables that it would make this hard to prove one way or another.

But I like the theory of yes.. big seeds, big plants.
I guess I’ll mark this one and see if she gets any bigger or smaller or smokes better than her larger seed sisters same strain same buy. GG. She will be a couple days behind the other two as she just popped yesterday and will be planted tomorrow. I would have expected the 10 GG seeds I purchased at the same time to be similar in size tho…

Latest posts

Back