Does this look healthy to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacroMicro

Reaction score
I've gotten great advice so far from this community, thankya! I know this may be a case of over mothering. But does this plant look healthy to you? The leaves appear to be getting tiny yellow/whitish spots and are a little wrinkly. Thanks!

View attachment 20150312_130747.jpg

Oh boy, i think you may have insects? Not sure. Look at the back of the leaves and see if there is any frass. (bug ****) I would take a piece of scotch tape and stick it on the underside of the leaf and then pull it off and check the tape... You are looking for very tiny white bugs... I hope i am wrong... I wish it was just a varigated leaf pattern, but i think not. Let me know what you find please and we will go from there.

did you do the tape thing? If it isn't insects I don't know what it is. it could be an anomaly, i have never seen that before. Others will be by with more thoughts.

I have seen that look before in mutants. Also, I've seen it from PH going nutty, or at least that's what I thought it did... but generally, that looks like bugs in the first pic.

See, ok, that pic looks nothing like your first! I see 0 issue with that leaf in that picture. Mayyyyybe an utterly slight yellowing from lack (or lock out) of Nitrogen? Maybe? Like, that's reaching for a reason. Beyond that, it looks good enough in that pic.. :aok:

I think I see what happened. You took your picture dead over the top and the flash is beaming back with little sparklets! Looks like bugs. Last pic, looks just fine to me!

That's the underside of the mottled leaf. Looks better than the top. Hmm, over humid? Too close to T12?

Even the top looks decent enough... also.. T12? You mean T5 correct? If not, then that's what you MEAN to mean.. and get to it lol :)

No, no, you want 6,500 spectrum and T5's

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/ft-F54T5-HO-Fluorescent-Spectralux-Included/dp/B000AXPUBQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1426187323&sr=8-7&keywords=Sun+Blaze+t5[/ame]

^ Clicky :)

Might be the problem? Perhaps I'll go throw them under my 400 HPS hortilux. Didn't realize there was a big difference.

You want more blue spectrum for veg. Tighter nodes and healthier vegetative growth :aok:

Yeah, i know but its what i can afford at this time and from what I've heard hps while not perfect can suffice. This is why i added the t12s @6500k. Was starting the seedlings under the T12s alone with intention of using them to supplement the HPS. I really appreciate all the attention and help.

Latest posts

Back