Does this look right for edibles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshoalsguy

Bud of the Year
Reaction score
I’m trying something different with this first try. I am using water cured bud. It’s been dry and aged for about a month after 7 days in the water.

Just finished the first step the decarboxylating used a mason jar in the oven for around an hour at 225. The smell after was amazing like strong spices but very little weed smell

Will be making my butter tomorrow then peanut butter cookies. Will update if it goes well

numbers I’m using for worst case
using pure bud white widow
7 grams
20%thc approx
Should be 1400mg thc less 10%=1260 mgafter cooking
2 cups of butter = 192 teaspoons
Approx 6 1/2mg per teaspoon less 30%= 4 1/5 mg per teaspoon after cooking and straining

Recipe calls for 1/2 cup shortening or 24teaspoons for 18 cookies

so each cookie is 6.75 mg

does this look right? Not heavy users in any sense so low tolerance.

thanks!

an hour at 225 is a little long in my humble non science background .......... I’ve always decarboxylation for 25-35 minutes at 225 - 235...but I do not know what happens to the carboxyl chain or any of the other cannabis molecules during a longer time under the heat

7 grams seems a little light to me , we use about 28 grams when making brownies , per box

but everyone’s mileage varies and I wish you the best..please let us know how they turn out

Just wondering where you came up with those numbers
Did you plug into a weed calculator ?
7gs seems small for 2 sticks of butter.

an hour at 225 is a little long in my humble non science background .......... I’ve always decarboxylation for 25-35 minutes at 225 - 235...but I do not know what happens to the carboxyl chain or any of the other cannabis molecules during a longer time under the heat

7 grams seems a little light to me , we use about 28 grams when making brownies , per box

but everyone’s mileage varies and I wish you the best..please let us know how they turn out
Big
The extra time is needed when the weed is in a sealed mason jar
(people use this method to cut the smell down while decarbing.

Most edie users start out at 10mg per cookie at 1st (recommended dose 1st time users) then just have another cookie if the 1st has no effect an hr or 2 later
Never eat one after the other until you know your correct dosage.
Ask me how I know, Greened out for 2 days

Big
The extra time is needed when the weed is in a sealed mason jar
(people use this method to cut the smell down while decarbing.

thanks Mang , I’ve never put a sealed jar in the oven full of weed.....we usually break it up and spread it out on a cookie sheet for decarboxylation at 225 for 25 minutes

Most edie users start out at 10mg per cookie at 1st (recommended dose 1st time users) then just have another cookie if the 1st has no effect an hr or 2 later
Never eat one after the other until you know your correct dosage.
Ask me how I know, Greened out for 2 days

I ate a gram of hash a long time ago and I could not walk for 10 hours....electric buzz , everyone should experience a cannabis overdose at least once in their lives eh....

thanks Mang , I’ve never put a sealed jar in the oven full of weed.....we usually break it up and spread it out on a cookie sheet for decarboxylation at 225 for 25 minutes
I do it your way, on baking pan nickel sized buds, but I use 240F for 40 mins
I GOOD Friend has spent many hrs and money doing lab tests on different decarb times and temps in oven and the lab results came back every time as the best and most complete decarb was 240 at 40 mins. The highest value of THC was achieved at this time and temp.

I ate a gram of hash a long time ago and I could not walk for 10 hours....electric buzz , everyone should experience a cannabis overdose at least once in their lives eh....ad a face to face
I had a face to face with God once while Greening Out .
giphy.gif

I do it your way, on baking pan nickel sized buds, but I use 240F for 40 mins
I GOOD Friend has spent many hrs and money doing lab tests on different decarb times and temps in oven and the lab results came back every time as the best and most complete decarb was 240 at 40 mins. The highest value of THC was achieved at this time and temp.

good deal Amigo...I got my info from Doctor Tattered Old Graywolf , a real scientist in our midst

I am well aware of their work I have followed for yrs myself

gotcha!

then you know exactly what I’m talking about....we are blessed to have the old fart , Greyfox , in our midst ........I been following him around for about 10 years now , he has done so much for the cannabis community , him and his merry pranksters , they blew up the oil making industry with their Terpanator!...

then you know exactly what I’m talking about....we are blessed to have the old fart , Greyfox , in our midst ........I been following him around for about 10 years now , he has done so much for the cannabis community , him and his merry pranksters , they blew up the oil making industry with their Terpanator!...

Fookin Chinese Bastards

Fookin Chinese Bastards

some sorry arse ex cons

Latest posts

Back