Does this look right for edibles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the calculator I was using.

Attachments

• 53FFC570-D09A-47D4-ACFD-1D2BCCCADF71.png
    53FFC570-D09A-47D4-ACFD-1D2BCCCADF71.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 6
Does this look more in line?

13 grams
15% thc
1950 mg thc

after cooking loss of 25% = 1462 mg thc

2 cups butter = 96 teaspoons

15 mg per teaspoon.

1/2 cup in cookie recipe 24 teaspoons = 360 mg

24 cookies = 15 mg per cookie.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I do it your way, on baking pan nickel sized buds, but I use 240F for 40 mins
I GOOD Friend has spent many hrs and money doing lab tests on different decarb times and temps in oven and the lab results came back every time as the best and most complete decarb was 240 at 40 mins. The highest value of THC was achieved at this time and temp.
For most things, I do not decarb. With butter, isn't it being subjected to that heat and more while it's cooking? Same with brownies, they did bake in the oven right? I've eaten hash "raw" many times. I get the effects just fine, as do those other folk who consume them.

I just can't bear to bake good weed on a cookie sheet. 240 is way above where terps begin to vaporize.

Try it, you'll like it. Take the DECARB CHALLENGE! Compare for yourself. Fear not,

Bubba

I ate a gram of hash a long time ago and I could not walk for 10 hours....electric buzz , everyone should experience a cannabis overdose at least once in their lives eh....
Bet you didn't decarb that gram?

Bubba

So for cook temps my butter is currently simmering at 175 degrees. My cookies will bake at 225

I don't know what temp mine simmers at, but just enough to simmer I guess. I bake at what ever temp the recipe calls for, usually higher than 225, like 350 or so.

I've seen and read the materials, just saying I don't do a separate decarb and notice no difference.

I suppose the only way (well, maybe) to know absolutely is to make two identical batches, then have someone with the ability test them.

There seem to be many variables surrounding weed potency, that's why the (well maybe) above. Those who grows knows...same strain be damned, some plants are a little more powerful than others. Maybe a clone situation would level that? I usually grow from fem seed.

Bubba

Yes it is. I rarely use edibles, when I do it is usually to lay down a base buzz to smoke on top of, unless there will be no opportunity to fire up, then the dose will be adjusted up....

Bubba

A new butter process I saw for the first time was Butter Washing. Resolved in water, remove butter, repeat. Each boiling reduces the "green" color until it is butter colored, no longer green.

Bubba

Almost done simmering.

Attachments

• 8352DD42-A306-49A0-907A-237531FC4F50.jpeg
    8352DD42-A306-49A0-907A-237531FC4F50.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 4
Do you mean milligrams? 7 grams per cookie would be 1/4 oz per cookie

I would take 7 grams , grind it up in my coffee grinder , add it to a cookie mix and probably make 2-4 cookies.....

my personal recipe is one ounce of ground up cannabis to one brownie mix....couple eggs , 1/4 to 1/2 cup of avocado oil , and BAM!..DI C K in the dirt brownies

and i am stating the obvious here , the end product is only as good as the ingredients......bad weed , bad edibles......good weed , good edibles

I would take 7 grams , grind it up in my coffee grinder , add it to a cookie mix and probably make 2-4 cookies.....

my personal recipe is one ounce of ground up cannabis to one brownie mix....couple eggs , 1/4 to 1/2 cup of avocado oil , and BAM!..DI C K in the dirt brownies

and i am stating the obvious here , the end product is only as good as the ingredients......bad weed , bad edibles......good weed , good edibles

😳

trying to understand the math.
7 grams is 700 mg if weed is15% that’s 105 grams. Figure 25% loss to cooking for 4 cookies is 20 mg per cookie? Seems about right for someone with tolerance. Would put me on the couch for the night.

will be interesting how the cookies turn out tomorrow

YEP NO PROBLEM WASTE YOUR WEED Decarbing activates all the THCA into THC
and doing so before you bake or heat is the proper way to activate it for edies.
Oh and have you ever heard of Lectin LO)L
Never mind......................

YEP NO PROBLEM WASTE YOUR WEED Decarbing activates all the THCA into THC
and doing so before you bake or heat is the proper way to activate it for edies.
Oh and have you ever heard of Lectin LO)L
Never mind......................

all I know is that it works, every time , a lot of my customers have commented about eating a little to much and spending most of the day on the sofa

all I know is that it works, every time , a lot of my customers have commented about eating a little to much and spending most of the day on the sofa
Yep never try anything new huh? It is better when decarbed
I have done it and so have many others .

Yep never try anything new huh? It is better when decarbed
I have done it and so have many others .

alright Mang , I will do a side by side , grind up 1 ounce in coffee grinder and bake in a brownie mix

and decarb an ounce at 230 degrees for 25-35 minutes and put in brownie mix

side by side , give to the testing crew to eat and then get their feedback on potency

it should be an interesting experiment

Latest posts

Back