Does your grow stink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am at the tail end of my outdoor grow in the south of spain, (for more info check out the link in my signature) I have 3 plants, one of the plants (channel+) has 6 colas, however they do not smell! nothing compared to what i had hoped, i have been told they this a sign or poor quality, i have also been told that they do not smell till they are cropped, has anybody got any experience to shed some light?

Cheers!

Bal, i went to my outdoors yesterday(all unknown strains) and before i got to em, quite a ways , i could smell em.
It raised my curiousity and i said "hum, wonder which ones are so stinky"
Well by putting my nose close to each plant,i picked the stinkyess one.
Over the yrs ive had some that never had any smell that were just as potent as the stinky ones though. Guess its just each different strain.

Mine are a light wonderful fragrance now. In another few weeks, i bet the smell. It is strain dependant... green mojo.

Mine smell while they're in grow....lol... A most loverly smell :stoned:

Unknown Strain or Bagseed surprises - lol, i guess theres some adventure in bagseed and thats all the seed i had this yr so i planted them.
I'll catch myself sniffing each plant and saying "wander what this one could be " lol.
I got some thats fruity scents, others thats piney, one thats nothing, and etc... Happy,Happy anyways !!

Mine stink of a horrendous stench, of strong cat urine...crossed with skunk. If spend 5 minutes in the bud room, your clothes are trashed for the day :)

I have had plants that had little on no smell. It didn't seem to have much to do with buzz just smell and taste

I would rather have em with less odor. The thieves in these ole mountains use their nose to locate and steal it, lol.

rebel said:
I would rather have em with less odor. The thieves in these ole mountains use their nose to locate and steal it, lol.

Where I live, that's what guns are for :hubba:

bwanabud said:
Where I live, that's what guns are for :hubba:

Yeah, but you can't be there ALL the time. That is what dogs are for (plus just being there to love ya).

Odour has little to do with quality imo, but whoever told you they dont stink until they are cut is dead wrong, i wish that was true....

True Dman, i got a few that dont have any smell unless u kinda rub and pet her. Fate of bagseed, dont know their name or id get seed like them, lol.

im running a phenol of nuken and she don't smell @ all in veg or flower. but to smoke it, she smells and tastes great. also, cut a clone and 1 day later the cutting wreek like spices. also my god bud pheno didn't smell super strong and is a 1 toke wonder and stinks after drying and while smoking,
enjoy

In a word, YES!
It's a delicious mix of skunk/fruity/spicy aroma, which wafts all around my yard!
'Had to move 'em last weekend, after I almost had a freakin' heart attack, after my 72 yr old landlord SMELLED them, while visiting his house next door, 30ish feet away from my walls... :holysheep: !!!
After I spoke with him (and consequently calmed my heart-beat down) he told me that he & his wife smoke, and to save him a bag, when it's ready)! :eek:
You could've knocked me over with a feather!
But the smell is just beautiful, amazing and pungent!

Can't wait (another 4/5/6 weeks) until they're ripe & ready!

Stonedwoodsman :icon_smile:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yeah, but you can't be there ALL the time. That is what dogs are for (plus just being there to love ya).

True, true, true :) ........ but my "stainless" doesn't hog the bed, or lick my face (wait a minute, my wife does tho) :D

bwanabud said:
True, true, true :) ........ but my "stainless" doesn't hog the bed, or lick my face (wait a minute, my wife does tho) :D

Ha hahaha!

One of my dogs (my pit), she ALWAYS freakin hogs the bed...lol...I gotta push her over just so I can lay down every dang time :rofl:

currently growing a strain that is a solid 9 that has no smell in flower whatsoever. the smoke tastes bland also, but the high will rock you to your foundation. it is a cut of strawberry fire og was gifted to me. beautiful bush style plant outdoors...:cool:

029.JPG

My plants smell from 30 feet away. I have some growing outside my bedroom and I can smell them at night. The other ones are in front of my house and as you walk down my driveway you can really smell them.

We smell up the whole block with our greenhouse. I enjoy the aroma(s) of marijuana and don't understand why some find it so offensive. The " Lemon Skunk " plant smelled a whole lot more after she was cut down. People driving down I-5 can smell marijuana in their cars especially around Eugene area. Oregon loves it's weed. Peace out.

i wouldn't use the word "stink" because i think that means unpleasant. I would use "have a strong smell". Unless by stink, you really mean stink lol

Latest posts

Back