Dome question or not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackie54

Reaction score
I have about 10 plants that are putting out some mighty side leans that will produce the buds, My ? Is Will the rain hurt the buds or to much rain cause the buds to become to heavy an break off. Do I need to tie . them up or will mother nature take care of them?

There is no real answer to your question--depends on the strength of the rain and the size of the drops, depends on the strength, size, and flexibility of the side branches, depends on the size of the buds that eventually pop out on these branches. However, it wouldn't hurt to tie it if you are worried about it. On the other hand, most broken stems can be repaired if they are not snapped in two.

imo---prepare for the worst---stake the leaning side branches---have a cover at the ready to keep the flowers from getting rained on

why is the thread called dome question

i recommend to stake em if at all possible.
and after a rain, go out and do the hippy shake, to shake off some water. -grab a stalk and gently shake some water off the buds (of course while singing the hippy hippy shake ;) :D)

without airflow, a cover can almost be more detrimental.. so be sure they got plenty of room/air if you go that route (i put mine in a greenhouse, as i'm seldom able to finish OD here.. but even then i must use a fan, or risk rot.)

Don't know what you grow setup looks like but how about if you stick a beach umbrella in the ground to keep the heavy rain off them.

Latest posts

Back