Donations for site?

Elephant Man

"MAD SCIENTIST"
Reaction score
Did not see this mentioned. I am sure you have all noticed this site is growing very fast. I am sure alot of you (myself included) realize the value of archiving your grow thread on this server. I am confident that the logistics of donating could be worked out by any one of the great minds behind this site. Let me be the first to say that I am here if you need me.

Thanks

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

We would be more than willing to donate any funds for this wonderful site we like to call our second home. We are here for ya MP if ya need us. ;)

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Reaction score
I am ready to contribute whenever needed. I thank MarPassion for bringing me this wonderful community of people. A toast to you.

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
thanks for offering to donate money, that's really a nice gesture of you guys.

It's not really needed at this point but actually we could do some good things with the money for the site. We can use a better design and add a gallery to the site. I am not a programmer so we could use the money to have something programmed.

What do you think of this idea?

Elephant Man

"MAD SCIENTIST"
Reaction score
Sounds great! I love what you have done with this place so far and would definately pitch in to see it grow.

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Reaction score
I like the feel of the site, what kinda upgrades do you wanna make? It seems so homey here right now. I'll definately pitch in to help upgrade if needed though.

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Sounds like a great idea MP. We need to set something up and get the joint rolling. ;)

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, I have added a Paypal donation button on top of the forum. :)

The members that donate any money I can add to a different user group with some more privileges as a member of this forum, like more PM posts, bigger attachments options, and some other things. Let me see what i can do for you guys.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you all.

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, the design idea might not be needed then i suppose. Let see what we can do.

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

MP i see you have added a payapl account to the forum for donations. Great idea man. Is there a place where a money order, check or cash can be sent instead of going through paypal? It might just be me but i think many members living in the states will be reluctant to give a donation because they have to give up personal information using paypal. What do you think MP?

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
I understand your point, but a check or money will cost me $12 to clear in my bank and for sending cash orders i have to put my living address on the site which wouldn't be such a good idea. And i'm leaving soon for a trip to asia, so that would be a bit of a problem.

The Paypal button is only there, there's no integration with this site. So, people at Paypal couldn't see for which site the donations are for, only by tracking the referers but why would they do that.

The only one that can see your details is me, and i think you don't have to add your address with it, is there not an option to donate anonymously?

How do you pay at the seedshops?

Elephant Man

"MAD SCIENTIST"
Reaction score
Under shipping address on paypal website:
click add address
click gift address
put your user name and fictional address, just make sure city, state match zip

p.s. Have a fun and safe trip to Asia MP!

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

MP in the past i used my girlfriends credit card to order seeds. ;) Well now that i know it's safe to send via paypal our problem is solved. :D Thanks for everything MP and hope you have a safe trip man. ;)

Latest posts