dont mention LED's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
niteshft said:
No PJ, that's not it, it was results of research into the light needs of the plant and I don't remember where I saw it. It described the various temp requirements for the different functions of the plant and broke it down to percentages of total light for each function.

I don't recollect you telling me to keep that chart to myself or I would have. I was in belief you had shown it to me as a true representation of the way my lights were set up and I apologise if I missed something.

I believe that was in an older thread when I first started designing modules. It's all good, but not what you light is, nor is it being made so I don't want to it out there for anyone who could be designed a light and make the mistake.

;)

P Jammers said:
I believe that was in an older thread when I first started designing modules. It's all good, but not what you light is, nor is it being made so I don't want to it out there for anyone who could be designed a light and make the mistake.

;)

No prob, I'll go back and delete it.

niteshft said:
It's right there in the thread, PJ said there were heat issues with that configuration. Not trying to be disrespectfull or anything but maybe if you moved back from the edge of your seat and sit back and relax you might absorb what you read better. :rolleyes: It's the post just prior to the one you responded to, I believe.

Sorry, that's just not the answer given from PJ. Relax and don't be so eager to shout someone down, my friend, please don't turn this back into what it became before. :holysheep:

WeedHopper said:
Guys,,this really isnt goen anywhere.Its like Religion and Politics. Why keep arguing about something you are never gonna agree on. Just agree to disagree and lets move on.;)

I actually see progress and useful info coming out. We may never agree, but we may all learn something.

P Jammers said:
Interesting, except this is what you said the first time:

So which statement are you going with?

I'm confused. If you emailed Cidly, why did you post what genericled is saying?

I will say you are correct on one account. The 12 will replace a 1000watt HPS, but the total draw of power is only 430 watts.

Again, about twice the usable light at half the cost. I'm not quite sure what point you were trying to make.

The email was sent after I posted the first post, to find out what the manufacturer was recomending not the reseller.

So again if this is true why are you replacing 2 1000's with 6 apollo 10's?
P Jammers said:
NC, there are no changes when it comes to wattage with the lights I am using. If you used 1000 watts in HID, its the same wattage for LED's.

And nitesft using 6 apollo 6 to replace 1 1000 watt?
niteshft said:
I've been doing a grow with LEDs I purchased from the place PJ was talking about and they are doing great!! I purchased 6-Apolo 6's to replace my 1000w HSP

P Jammers said:
Maybe that is what u were looking for?

@niteshft

Your LED modules are not the same as what you showed in my earlier charts, which BTW pretty sure I asked you and My My both not to show. It was an earlier design that was flawed due to being too hot. Take a look at your receipt for the actual LED's used.

Here it is Roddy.

Niteshift, sometimes you merely think you have the answers, please please, lets get to the topic and not reverse.

Growdude said:
The email was sent after I posted the first post, to find out what the manufacturer was recomending not the reseller.

And nitesft using 6 apollo 6 to replace 1 1000 watt?[/quote]

You're reading too much into it Growdude...just because that is what I did doesn't mean I or PJ believe they are equal. It's just what I did dude and I also mentioned that somewhere. With something new you have to start somewhere and that is what I did. Actually, PJ recommended it for the size of my room, 6' X 8', and a room that size would need more than a 1000w HID if I was using the whole space, IMO. I wasn't and PJ didn't realize that when he made the recommendation.

Roddy said:
Niteshift, sometimes you merely think you have the answers, please please, lets get to the topic and not reverse.

Just merely responding to what you questioned. If you have something going in the background I have no way of knowing that. Rather than PM me to explain it do it out here in the open so everyone else can see and please don't PM me again.

You read that pm? Man, you sure are something...keep the belief you're all that pal. As was stated, someone asked it be kept silent...figure that one out.

Growdude said:

And nitesft using 6 apollo 6 to replace 1 1000 watt?
Nite and I run different setups, so lets please not assume we have the same needs exactly. He runs larger plants. My design was to allow him to keep doing so and not have to worry about max penetration. He never implied to me that he wanted to cut power which is also doc'ed in this thread. I also was using total room size to base my recommendation, not plant count. If he wanted to, he could run 24 smaller plants and blow it up, but lets not give him any ideas.
:D

In my case, and when I first jumped in to the LED's I was thinking along the lines of expansion, and I do not run 6 plants. I also, and mentioned in the thread flip flop my lights within a 12 hours period. I still have the use of 1 1000watt HPS in terms of total cost (to run them power wize), but think about the light over top of my plants when each set is on.

In essence what I have created is to what amounts to about 2000 watts over what I used to to 1000watts of HPS in intensity over the same about of SF Floor space.

I run my light back and forth, and because they are not on a full 12 hours, I have "Limited" the amount of sheer damage that can be done to the plant which My My and Nite have both shown you here that can be done in 12 hours of light. (Note here they were both warned by me to keep the lights up and cut the nutes by 1/3rd to start)

Because they are both online buddy's :cough: hardheads :D

I think for others who are unsure, please don't assume.

I'd love to explain things with a much more relaxed atmosphere, and if you guys can show a little more respect, I will Gladly show the same.

Way too much generalizing going on here.

Different needs, for different Weeds.
:D

I have quite a few PM's from Roddy I never read. He tends to "kiss butt" when you argue with her on the boards and sends pm's to try to get you on her side.
Be a man roddy, and YOU stand behind your words.

But, by all means, keep this thread rockin'!

Roddy said:
Sorry, that's just not the answer given from PJ. Relax and don't be so eager to shout someone down, my friend, please don't turn this back into what it became before. :holysheep:

Roddy said:

Roddy said:
You read that pm? Man, you sure are something...keep the belief you're all that pal. As was stated, someone asked it be kept silent...figure that one out.

Roddy said:
It is rather unfortunate the way this thread has gone, one member shooting one's self in the foot. It's gonna be hard to accept much that is spoken by that person which is a shame as I'm sure they could offer info...and it just builds that distrust (that was already there), making it harder to get the real honest info heard.

And the condescending tone continues.

NorCalHal said:
I have quite a few PM's from Roddy I never read. He tends to "kiss butt" when you argue with her on the boards and sends pm's to try to get you on her side.

You too huh...seems he likes to do this.

It's one thing to be skeptical, even openly skeptical....it's a whole different thing to be condescending and make statements like the ones Roddy is making..especially the ones directed at niteshft. Uncalled for and reminds me of typical bully crap.

I wondered when Hal would throw crap into this thread...and looky, hammy lapping it up.

mods might as well close her down as BWD said, this thing is dead as long as we get this type of crap.

Hamster Lewis said:
And the condescending tone continues.

Ahhh, with no real way to add facial or tone, I guess one COULD see that as condescending..and the last one was, but trying to get one to understand English seemed impossible. So, go ahead and judge...

NorCalHal said:

:holysheep:

Someone says THANKS and all you can do is hold it back for future cannon fodder.

Hamster Lewis said:
You too huh...seems he likes to do this.

It's one thing to be skeptical, even openly skeptical....it's a whole different thing to be condescending and make statements like the ones Roddy is making..especially the ones directed at niteshft. Uncalled for and reminds me of typical bully crap.

Maybe you're only reading my posts...that could explain how you miss all the other condescending crap which brings my responses? But hey, let s not judge...unless we ourselves are pure. And you my friend are far from it.

Back to the topic??

Pj, thanks for the reply to my question about actual wattage used. I missed your original post explaining that.

This really is interesting to me. Thank you guys for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back