Don't waste your money on these Chinese Lights!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PAR is essentially a measurement of light emission within the photosynthetic range of 400-700nm. This represents the area of light that plants use for photosynthesis, or to grow. PAR is measured by the amount of micro moles of light per square meter per second.
Props. I have seen that term but I never knew to what it referred.

Yeah, what they said. A PAR reading of 3000 is full on sunlight. Wouldn't we all want one of those lamps eh?
Cannabis, according to the experts is sleeping until 500 and grows better and better the higher the reading optimizing at around 1500. (I don't understand how that can be if full sun is 3000)
My seedlings are under a 100w lamp 4 inches away and get 1000 PAR for 2 hours. Then onto my balcony (not sunny) where they get between 1500 and 2000 for 6 hours before my favourite time.. 3 hours of full afternoon sun.
Cos I live in the tropics the sun's gone at 18:30 so its back under the lamp for another 6 until sleep.
I love this stuff man, why doesn't everyone want to grow weed all the time? :)

China, I have done everything I possibly can NOT to buy anything from there for over 10 years. They are NOT our friends. Thanks for the Corona....
Agreed but everything comes from there already, including the vaccine.
Did you know Atlantic Salmon caught from boats in Scotland is sent to China for processing and packing and then it's sent back to Scotland because its cheaper?

Did you know Atlantic Salmon caught from boats in Scotland is sent to China for processing and packing and then it's sent back to Scotland because its cheaper?

Not terribly surprising given the state of our world these days, still terribly stupid and inefficient though. At least in my estimation.

Imho it seems to me that the blurple lights are a waste of money no matter where they come from or how many "watts" they represent:D

2b2s

Yeah, the science on blurple was highly misunderstood and over-marketed. There is a reason companies are moving away from that in favor of a more balanced, white light. Plants respond great to red or blue spectrums but mono chromatic lighting is overall detrimental to the plants. If you are buying a new light these days, I would highly encourage you to stay away from blurple.

If I had to make a suggestion for a solid budget light, it would be the Spider Farmer 1000.

Ive heard lots of good things about the Spyder light systems. I personally have never used LEDs but i am interested.

Someone from this site should contact SpiderFarmer and ask to be a tester for one of there SP1000 or SP2000 lights they have been doing numerous testing in other forums from what I was told.
I do not have the time or means to do a grow journal at this time or I would myself.

I can tell you that in veg, I had viparspectra 300 x2 and with the one Spider-farmer 1000 in the same place, plants have more vigor, bigger leaves, great color, I'm really impressed. So much so that I bought a few more. I've been impressed so far but the true test of flowering is still ahead. Seeing if it can outperform my tried and true HPS.

If you're on a budget. Mars hydro is hard to beat. The best LEDs on the market in my opinion are california lightworks or hlg

What do you buy is Quantum led lamp,This is a relatively backward lamp,Octopus lamp is the most popular lamp at present
20210531161347.jpg---.jpg

20210531110350.png

微信图片_20210531110326.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back