dose it really affect short term memory?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

night501

night501
Reaction score
ok so first of all, i have been a regular smoker since i was 16.
At this point im not so sure that smoking pot affects short term memory.
I am a line cook and have found that it is easier to remember things with a pot buzz.
Infact i remember more with it. i tend to keep going threw everything im sapposed to have cooking over and over again in my head.
Sometimes i forget things when im sober but never when im stoned.

i was gonna post a reply.. but now i've forgotten what i was going to say ;)

seriously though, it does effect memory. i know i seem to forget things, nothing major.. but i'll forget to do something i intended to do..
dunno if it's strictly from the MJ or not, but i'd not bet against it causing memory problems.

and it's not while high that it effects you, it's the longer term effects. i don't think i forget things when i'm high (but then again, if i did.. how would i know anyway lol)

My girlfreind is a line cooks also. And she remembers the whole tray line in order what they get and and any specail diets. She smokes heavily. I don't forget things either. I know people that don't remember things and they don't smoke so thats normal to forget. I did read an artical that argued short term memory with research.

Ex-cook... Would have (should have) been the funnest job I ever did except for the repetitiveness... I think that may be a cheat. You know, doing the same exact thing over and over, day after day, may be a shortcut through the short term memory thing... Maybe... If not then I am totally screwed!:ccc: One night cleaning up after the dinner rush I tried my first pot cookie. I ate three. It only took one. Two waaaaay too many lol. The rest is history. Some things I really miss about working the line. The extreme fast pace. Kept me skinny. Now I have a day job behind a desk and find myself on the treadmill every night!:doh:

Latest posts

Back