double stalk without topping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMACkaddict

Señor Member
Reaction score
So i am in the midst of my first grow and I started with bag seed. One of my plants, without my noticing, grew two stems. It came out of the seed with one stem, and once it grew past the first node, it split.
Im sure this has happened before to someone, any idea on whats going on? Also, the nodes on one side are alternating which i thought signaled sexual maturity. The plant in the photo is about 2 weeks old. Its going on 5 weeks old now.
It went through a little rough patch.. first grow, whaddaya expect... and now it looks a little different but still alive. Ive transplanted it and LST'd a little. Ill post a new pic soon...
Im expecting a super plant:D .. haha should I not get my hopes up?

Letter ride pilgrem let her ride! Ease up bit on the pokin at her and stay the trail the early maturity on such young plant pilgrem. Glad yual sharing with us and hope yual get yur yeild needed to fill pouch. With this here crowd yual do well stick byem and yual do just fine.

BWD

you never know I have had seeds do the same thing some plants ware good other were nothing to write about. All you can do is grow it out and see.

alright, sounds good, ill keep this updated if anything interesting happens.

What if I go into 12/12 and one stalk is male and the other is female? is that possible or female and hermit, can I just chop the one stalk off?

thanks bwd and ozzy for your continued help!

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Letter ride pilgrem let her ride! Ease up bit on the pokin at her and stay the trail the early maturity on such young plant pilgrem. Glad yual sharing with us and hope yual get yur yeild needed to fill pouch. With this here crowd yual do well stick byem and yual do just fine.

BWD

its so hard not to poke... all i want to do is fiddle with them

sMACkaddict said:
its so hard not to poke... all i want to do is fiddle with them

Yual do fine friend yual just follow instinct and question here as needed. Fires always warm here.

BWD

If 1 "branch" is female and the other "branch"is male you will deffently want to post pics. I dont think anyone has ever had that before.

That is definitely a genetic anomoly, but I would think that it is a separate phenotype that shouldn't affect the potential of the plant. I would make sure to stake it or something to support the plant as it grows because that will be a weak point that could split the stem under the weight of buds once it gets into flowering.

It looks like the kids survived the bakery that you had going early on :) glad you pulled them through :)

Hushpuppy said:
It looks like the kids survived the bakery that you had going early on :) glad you pulled them through :)

haha yea, they are getting by it now. I started with 30 bag seeds, 29 germed, and now I'm down to 23. I gave em all girls names to give them a little incentive.. haha the one we are currently discussing is named Ingrid. She's(optimistically speaking of course) actually had a little nute burn I think. She's got burn tips on all the leaves, and I just transplanted her into promix. Im going to stop giving her nutes for a couple weeks, will it matter that the promix has stuff in it already? will the burn continue?

thanks

sooOOoOo Ingrid turned out to be a female! woohoo! I have had to setup a drip system for 2 weeks because I am currently away from home and I thought I should post an update in case things don't turn out too well....

Ingrid.jpg

So far so good dude :) Although I was hoping for "fraternal Siamese twins" as that would have been interesting to breed it to itself and see if the offspring turn out true xx or herms. Of course this result is probably better for you as it means more bud not seeds. :)

Latest posts

Back