dreaming effects???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ge_or_ge

available now
Reaction score
i started lucid dreaming 5y-ago (its fantastic) and i usualy meditate to calm and become clear minded. when i smoke i'm relaxed and very close to full clarity. but it dosent work for me in lucid dreaming- i almost never can become lucid after smoking... is it me or... can enyone explain me the effect of smoking on rem sleep ???

I really think it vary's from person to person. But me personally, i seem to have moor lucid dreams when i am sober. But i have bin known to do some crazy **** when i was sleeping baked...

I usually don't have many dreams if i go to bed stoned. But if you are a everyday toker like me and then stop. Your dreams will be very vivid. I have had this happen to me and someone else has told me they experienced it also.

im an everyday, most of the day(after coffee its on!) smoker and i might remember 1 dream a year. the 1's i remember are very intense. the last one i spent all night fighting off a t-rex that was triing to get in my house. i think it was in the afternoon when i finally went outside. when i stop smokin for a couple weeks(i did it once!) dreams come back in HD. its not just dreams at that time, i am there, it is reality... until of course, i wake up. JME

i totaly hear you on this one. i am 2 weeks clean and last night i guess i had a dream where i was talking to my brother. well today i brought up the conversation with him to find out that we never had this conversation.

i was an eveyday toker too for yrs now and i ended up going to the county jail for 4 months.i remember i was having wicked crazy dreams for the first couple weeks i was in ther.really vived dreams i told my wife on the phone i knew it was from not smoking weed funny ****:eek:

so i keep having crazy dreams. like the one last night.
one of my old high school teachers was having me get him someweed and every time i reached into my pocket i had another bag.

its like every dream revolves around pot.

the other night i was driving a car that ran on pot and every time i stoppedat a red light there where people sucking on the tailpipe.
the funny thing is is that the dreams seam so real.
normally my dreams only use sight and sound but now they are using tastes, smells, and textures of things.
i had one where i was taking a huge hit off a bong and i woke up in a coughing fit.
i told my roomate about them and he sais that its my brains way of telling me to smoke, but im trying to clean my system so i can get a job.

night501 said:
the other night i was driving a car that ran on pot .
this is not only possible if we come to our senses it will happen!

will find the info for you guys I promise. But there is a compound in marijuana that surpresses dreams. Trust me I read it a little while ago and I will try to track it down. So no you aren't weird LOL at least not in that sense:)

seams like when i go to bed stoned i dont dream all that often.. more like just a dead sleep.. but i still do dream sometimes when i go to sleep stoned.. now if i go to sleep drunk and stoned, i dream like 5 dreams a night and remember them all... and if i go to sleep sober.. 9 times out of 10 i will have a few dreams a night that i can remember.... Dreaming is great. i love it

oh.. one thing i have noticed... when i do dream while stoned, my dreams are always compleetly crazy.. even more crazy than normal.

i was talking about this the other day with my girlfriend...i havent remembered many dreams in about 5 years and neither did she for about a year until she had to quit smoking because of testing now she tells me some crazy stuff bout her dreams everyday...its pretty weird imo lol

The most vivid dream i have ever had, was from the effects of a nicotine patch. i was in the hospital and couldnt smoke, (i quit soon after this with the patch, tho took it off at night) and had the most vivid dream i have ever had in my life, to this day i remember most of it and how it felt. I dream more also when i read a lot during the day, and come to think of it, now that i am smoking daily, i dont dream near as much.

You also have to remember the nature of dreams and dreaming. I too smoke everyday. Before I began to partake I had lucid dreaming, premonistions, and nightmares. (I've also been able to read words and letters in dreams; and have never dreamt in black and white, weird huh?) However, it has always been rare for me to remember dreams. After smoking for some time, I have not had more or less dreaming that I can remember. The last dream I did have was one of me in a big field walking up to a MJ plant during the evening that was twice the size of me, (size of me 6'6''). I reached up and touched a huge beautiful white bud like I've never seen before. Then went calmly back into non-conscience dreaming. If you think about anything all day for a period of time, your mind will reguratate it back. The nature of dreams are for them to be as real as possible. An interssting side note: science can recognize conscience and unconscience but can not explain what triggers the transtition from one to the other.

In order to have lucid dreams, it is better not to head to sleep stoned. You better mediate before going to sleep and mediate at bed about what you like to dream. Always keep a dream journal, dream journals are a gateway into lucid dreaming and have a habit that will not work on dreams such as check your hands all the time, check your watch, try to open and close lights. These do not work on dreams, so when you can not see your hands on dreams you will realise that you are on dream, voila! Your hands will appear and you'll pass into lucid dreaming but it is dangerous and it is addictive!

sound advice Cornellius, thanks :)

i never thought about if MJ supressed dreaming or affected sleep patterns before this thread. if only the Nightmare on Elm St. kids had just been chronic stoners,lol

thank you people,
didnt smoke for 10 days, and finally this weekend i did it.
i was sleeping for 8-9 h i got up for a drink and spent almost an hour
reading. got to sleep again- i become lucid in a matter of seconds.
this was one of my best experiences ever.
i'm like addicted to lucid dreaming, cant think of anything better...

ge_or_ge said:
i started lucid dreaming 5y-ago (its fantastic) and i usualy meditate to calm and become clear minded. when i smoke i'm relaxed and very close to full clarity. but it dosent work for me in lucid dreaming- i almost never can become lucid after smoking... is it me or... can enyone explain me the effect of smoking on rem sleep ???

:cool: I have noticed that I need to be semi straight when I want to get into the lucid dreaming state. If I go to sleep stoned, I dont notice my dreams. if I go to sleep straight, or as close as I ever get to it, I can recall dreams.

It has me wonder if there is any negative effect of missing this lucid dream state??? I even wonder if that by not consciously attending to the dreams I am losing some valuable insights??? Is this lucid dream state a garden of pyschological growth??? :hubba:

i lucid dream too. But my lucid dreaming tends to happen towards the end of my sleep rather than the beginning. I always had really vivid dreams as a child (my dad is the same) and frequent vivid and very awful nightmares. Before i took up weed, people told me i laugh in my sleep, sometimes hysterically and scarily.

I don't laugh in my sleep anymore, even when i don't have weed but i rarely if ever remember dreaming if i have been smoking. I always remember dreams if i haven't.

Recently I had a break from it, and one night was dreaming about mychoroizal (sp) fungi and microherds in soil in my upcoming grow...

then i dreamed they came out of the pots, grew, escaped from the growroom and were starting to smother me in bed.. woke up, ran across the room, and turned the light on in like less than a second.. never moved so fast in my life lol :D

I do miss the lucid dreams i can control, but don't miss the nightmares i had and the waking up shaking in a bed drenched by cold sweats, sat bolt upright.. i miss the weird, but not unpleasant dreams i had very occasionally.

Latest posts

Back