Drftings Organic Outdoor 2011! LOOK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this wasn't exactly a blessed season. I came out with 1 girl out of 10 seeds, 5 of which grew out enough to determine sex. It's now just past Preflower, about 1 week into flower.

Here are pictures of what I believe to be a cross, but more sativa dominant. Smells very sweet, a clear lemon smell with a skunky background. We will see how she finishes out, I'm excited!

There is slight yellowing on new growth and the two bottom fan leaves are browning on the edges. Im doing a container flush with distilled water this coming week and using an organic maintenance fertilizer by Dr. Earth (3-3-3) before I starting using a bud and bloom fert, hoping it will fix any salt buildup and PH issues. One question as well, does garden gypsum buffer soil ph?

Please, critique me, I can use it!

Drfting07

Outdoor Plant '11 001.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 002.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 003.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 004.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 005.jpg

Plant stands at 4 foot from soil. Anyone want to take a guess on yield, considering it a cross, sativa dominant about a week into flower?

Really wish i had a camera! Im 5 weeks into flower.

looking pretty stellar driftin
Gypsum: Gypsum is actually an element called calcium sulfate that is used to loosen up stubborn, compacted or clay soils. Gypsum works by pulling together clay particles in the soil to make bigger particles, creating porous spaces for air, water and plant roots. For saline-infused soil, gypsum removes sodium and replaces it with calcium. For all soil types, gypsum adds calcium and sulphur, which are necessary elements for plant growth. Gypsum also helps soil retain water and helps decrease soil erosion.

* Gypsum will not alter pH levels and is relatively inexpensive and easy to use
* Soil in the southeast U.S. often contains clay and may benefit from gypsum
* Arid and coastal regions that feature high soil salts can benefit from gypsum
* Gypsum prevents surface crust deposits on soil that adversely affect seed emergence
* Gypsum can correct lawn damage from salt and other winter ice-melting chemicals

View attachment Gypsum.pdf

Thanks for the clarification hick. Sounds like its for good drainage more than anything.

I grew my first plant in a 20gal tub like yours, she grew to 6' and produced 10oz...indoors. You should do well!

Here is an update. I am about 7 weeks into flower. End of the week in flower is saturday.

Outdoor Plant '11 009.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 010.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 011.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 012.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 014.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 015.jpg

Outdoor Plant '11 016.jpg

Yeah, its raining today and ive had PM and bud rot issues. Got it under control now tho! Thanks for looking Buds

Hey drifting, I haven't really kept up in the GJ section, but just read through your thread. Bummer on all the males. Looks like the one late start female's going to bring you some goodness though. Green mojo my friend.

Plants look banging my friend...glad you got that rot in check...that Ladie sure looks like some Good stuff...mojo for a great finish...

take care and be safe

:48:

Thanks everyone for the green mojo and kind words. Woke up to a little PM this morning. Ill be in the shed doing some trimming today :( Hasnt spread to the buds, thats all i can hope for!

Until next time
Drfting07

Edit: Found a little rot. Its amazing what can happen overnight when its damp outdoors, even when its covered. QUESTION: When you find rot, do you localize the trimming and only cut the rot out? Or do you take the affected bud off completely at the stem?

Still trimming minuscule areas of rot. Not enough to scare me into chopping....yet. Heres the affected bud, trimmed of rot, and ready for the wooden box treatment. I just had a bowl pack of trim from week six of flower, and all i have to say is....uhhhhh......hehe......uhhh..what was i talking about? :stoned:

:D

Fresh Trimmed bud ready for the box...

Bring on the Purple! Woke up to a pretty sight this morning.

Looking forward to next year! Heres what i got

Strains (this isnt final)

Nirvana Seeds Papaya
Serious Seeds Chronic (NLxAK47)
Cali Connection Larry OG Kush
Reserva Privada Sour Kush aka Headband

Containers

20 Gallon Smart Pots $14 each

Nouvellechef's Soil Mix
Its not exactly the same, but best i could do with what is available
Buffer 50%
3cf Dr. Earth Home Grown potting soil or Pot of Gold potting soil.
1.5 cf Well Aged Compost
½ cf Rice Hulls
3 cups Alfalfa Meal
2.5 lbs Bone Meal
4.5 cups Dolomite Lime
1 lb Epsom
1.5 lbs Soft Rock Phosphate
1 lbs Azomite
1.5 lbs Kelp Meal
12 lbs Worm Castings

Nutes

Dr. Earth Organic 5 Tomato Vegetable and Herb 5-7-3 (Veg)
Dr. Earth Organic 8 Bud & Bloom 4-10-7 (Flower)
Dr. Earth Liquid Seaweed Concentrate 0-0-4.5 (Micro Maintenance)

Compost Tea
5 Gallons PHd Water
3 Tablespoons unsulfured molasses
2 Tablespoons Dr. Earth Seaweed Concentrate per gallon of water
1 gallon compost
1-2 cups Worm Castings

Im still interested in getting an organic bloom booster in liquid form thats marijuana specific. Your thoughts on a brand or product?

I use roots organic products for now. They have a bloom food, don't know if it is a booster or not.

Thanks rose! Right now im using just dr. earth organic 8 bud and bloom. I feel roots organics or something of the like will give me better results next year. At the same time i dont want to have 8 bottles of different stuff. Im shooting for a super soil that ill just water in veg and and feed in flower.

Latest posts

Back