Drftings Organic Outdoor 2011! LOOK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfting07

Don't panic it's Organic!
Reaction score
Whats goin' on this season MarPassion?

Ive got two lovely plants that i have yet to post so i suppose it's time to show 'em off!

I started them as seeds outdoors and transplanted to 4 gallon pots. They have come up nicely. Just a slight sulfur deficiency that i resolved last week.

My soil consists of the following per pot:
2 gallons of well aged compost
2 gallons of cheap potting soil (I took the time to remove anything i felt was debris and all the little pain in the *** fertilizer balls)
2 tablespoons of blood meal
1/2 cup of "Dr. Earth LIFE" Dry Organic Fertilizer

I have heard a lot about Dr. Earth products recently and i cant say I have been let down. It works very well and I've never had a burn issue. My girls want MORE MORE MORE!! I just wish my local gardening center sold his soils and liquid ferts too!! They say next season so we will see.

My feeding schedule is about every other watering and its just good ole fashion compost tea with a little extra. This consists of 4 cups Dr. Earth Life and 4 cups well aged compost, steeped in a 5 gallon bucket of water with an air stone and a little blackstrap molasses for two days. I might toss a little blood meal in it for the extra N if I'm feeling frisky.

Today i just made a casing out of the strained compost tea matter that i just talked about in the last paragraph, and added 5 tablespoons of blood meal to it, it came out to roughly a gallon and a half that i split between the two of them. I'm hoping now i can water it in rather than going through my compost tea at the rate i am.

:DThanks for looking! And please, any comments or tips are welcome! :D

plants 001.jpg

plants 002.jpg

plants 003.jpg

UPDATE: Topped them and gave them a little Lollipop treatment today!!!!

mojo for the grow...

:48:

take care and be safe

Thanks Hamster, those fan leaves are as big as my head! I'm very happy with the progress.

Thanks everyone! Getting plenty of rain right now so we will see how the girls react to that rich bloodmeal and compost casing i made.

Can anyone give me feedback on insecticides and organic ferts that they use? Thanks!

If you wanna kill the little vermin, use real pyrethrins (NOT pyrethrums or pyrethroids). Or, if you don't really want to kill them, you can use Neem oil and just grease them up like Greek wrestlers--it'll piss them off and a few might actually leave for good.

Here's a question for the gallery: if I use an organic fert that has un-organically grown ingredients--say alfalfa that isn't organic--am I still growing organic? Or, does a lack of non-mineral ingredients make something organic nowadays? I know that when you buy supposed organic produce, you're just kidding/hosing yourself. Are MJ ferts the same deal?

Sitting here grinning and waiting.

I use roots organics ferts and depends what the bug is. I like using beneficials, insectidical soap, etc. I am currently using some hocus pocus thing about electrified water and it has worked..so far. Good luck.

Pencil, for a product to be labled organic it has to have all ingredient organic. why do you think your organic produce isn't?

Moved to an area with a little more direct sun and they are chugging along. I wish I had more experience with determining sex from early preflower. There IS something going on from the fourth node up, but its just too early i guess. The pictures and information that I've seen doesnt really help. There are no balls on a stalk forming, but i really cant say its a pear shape and no pistils.

I have only sexed two plants in my life as i am a clone girl, but the only difference I could see was the male had a small stem with the ball on top. The females are flat on the stem. It also took 8 weeks for mine to show sex. So hang in. When you see it you will know.

Also determined an organic nutrient schedule i like and am comfortable with. Its just down the road and the price is right.
Dr. Earth Organic 5 Tomato & Vegetable Fertilizer (5-3-7) for Veg
Dr. Earth Organic 8 Bud & Bloom Booster (4-10-7) for Flower
Dr. Earth products contain ProBiotic beneficial soil microbes, eight select strains of Ecto and Endo Mychorrhizae and trace minerals

My revised liquid nutrient
:
My own brewed Compost Tea with
Dr. Earth Bat Guano or Worm Castings
Dr. Earth Organic 5 for Veg
OR
Dr. Earth Organic 8 for Flowering
Blackstrap Molasses

From what I've done in the past, and revises I've made over time this is the soil mix i will be using.

(38 Quart) One Large Bag of Dr. Earth Premium Potting Soil
(38 Quart) One Large Bag or DIY Mushroom Compost
(20 Cups) Worm Castings
(1 Gallon) Perlite
(1 Gallon) Vermiculite
(1 1/2 cups) Dolomite lime
(ratio given on products package) Dr. Earth Organic 5 Tomato, Vegetable and Herb Fertilizer

UPDATE: Both plants are going strong. Preflowers are more prominent and unfortunately i want to say they are both males but im gonna give them another week or so to know for sure. I have two "Plan B's" that are just now coming out of their seedling stage. I got another 3 or 4 months til harvest so im gonna do my best.

Chopped down a male today :( The other is showing male also, but im going to give it another week or so to be sure. Until then!

Both were males so they have been culled from the garden. Two girls fresh out of there seedling stage are going now.They are going into 10 gallon containers today, bought more nutes and have a better medium to put them in. Until then, toke on!

Updated 8/6:

The two girls are in there 10 gallon pots and thriving. One is clearly Indica Dom. And the other is clearly sativa Dom. The Sativa smells so funky already, my girlfriend was complaining about a skunky smell when she was in the kitchen!!! The nutrient regiment im on is working overtime and im still happy with the results. Will post pics asap.

those people enthusiast leaves are as large as my head! I'm really pleased using the progress.

Latest posts

Back