Dripper system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treebeard

Reaction score
Hey, Im hoping to set up a dripper system for 2 mother plants but i know very little about dripper systems and was hoping someone could help. My idea is that i have a cupboard which has a single large drawer in the bottom, the drawer will be the reservoir (once its made water tight). I'll put a pump in to pump from the drawer to directly above to the main part of the cupboard ( roughly 1.5ftx3.5ft wide 4.5ft tall) in which will be 2 10litre hydro pots sitting in a tray that has a drain hole back to the reservoir below. I doubt anybody understands that, i cant explain anything to anyone :eek:, if knowone does i'll try to do some illustrations;). Im hoping to grow in clay pebbles, which type of dripper do i need? i see that you can get a ring or just a spike?? what size of pump is suitable? also, will a 125w compact fluro be enough for this space to keep mother plants going?? Thanks:D

I think I understand what you want to do.
Sounds like some work but it could work.

I use waterfarm drip units and they only use a air pump to pump the nute solution out of a drip ring by forcing air into a stem that sits below the solution level so that it forced the solution up and out the drip ring.
This is better than using a pump as it is less likley to fail.

You can pick up just the tube and drip ring very cheep or get a hole waterfarm for ~$50.00

I also use waterfarm, and those pumps work great, buut you would need to run several lines down to your res. If you can, and if i understand you right, you should just get an aquafarm drip unit, and those come with a 3/4 " hollow tube that is about 12 inches long. This would be how big your hole in your pot would have to be. The drip system and its ring fit into this hollow tube, and you would have a good setup my friend.

Offspring_36 said:
Hey, Im hoping to set up a dripper system for 2 mother plants but i know very little about dripper systems and was hoping someone could help. My idea is that i have a cupboard which has a single large drawer in the bottom, the drawer will be the reservoir (once its made water tight). I'll put a pump in to pump from the drawer to directly above to the main part of the cupboard ( roughly 1.5ftx3.5ft wide 4.5ft tall) in which will be 2 10litre hydro pots sitting in a tray that has a drain hole back to the reservoir below. I doubt anybody understands that, i cant explain anything to anyone :eek:, if knowone does i'll try to do some illustrations;). Im hoping to grow in clay pebbles, which type of dripper do i need? i see that you can get a ring or just a spike?? what size of pump is suitable? also, will a 125w compact fluro be enough for this space to keep mother plants going?? Thanks:D
Hey bro you should pm stoneybud he has alot of knowledge in this type of stuff good luck on your project and i understood your idea pretty good sounds like it would work out good to me

Latest posts

Back