Droopy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsman

Reaction score
I've had my girls under my new 600w light and they seem droopy to me.Under my old t12 fixture they were perky.The light is about 14" above the tops so I know they aren't getting hot.Temps in the box seem to be around 65F-75F at night and around 80F in the daytime.I watered last night so humidity is up around75%.Any ideas for things to check or is this normal?

237.JPG

239.JPG

How is your drainage in the pots? They look kind of over watered. 75% humidity is really high.

I agree with hamster, i would also aerate the soil, stick a pencil in the dirt at 4 or 5 different places. Don't worry about hurting the roots. It looks anaerobic to me and needs some air in the root zone. You can put the pot up on something so you have better air circulation. Get some air in there.

Greenest of mojo.

I think if you just watered them thats what it is...and Ive even seen dry plants look like that...how do you water and how often?

take care and be safe

Soil has real good drainage.I water from the top till I get good run off then I do the next one and so forth so on.After a good soaking like that I'll go about 3-4 days before the pots feel light again,then I water again.Yesterday morning when I checked,before watering,humidity was between 55-60%.It's possible i may have saturated them to much.The black plastic pots aren't the best for aeration I know,so I got me some smart pots for my next batch of clones to go into.I'll go poke some holes in the dirt and give them a day or so to drink some of that water up.Just getting this system up and running so I'll probaly have more issues arise But with everyone here as my back-up I'm not stressing.You guys/gals are great and I'm hoping one day to be at your level of great growing.Always a work in progress though.

Isn't it weird that over watering and under watering produce the same look in a plant?

I bet they will look great in a couple of days or less.

Normally for me,,over watered plants were droopy and turning slightly yellow. But as I said above,,feeling the weight as you did above,, of my buckets always told me what I needed to know about needing to water.

Plants are probably getting used to that much more power ,

I agree Rosebud.Weird.I may of been worried for nothing:eek: .I went out and aerated the soil a little and opened the door a little and just checked on them and they are perking up slowly,also I noted my humidity is down to about 65%.I beleive there may be a connection there:holysheep: and I simply jumped the gun on thinking.I plan on taking clones from these 3 then flipping them to 12/12(not the clones).I'll veg the clones probaly 4-6 weeks,take new clones and flip the older clones,and so on.The hardest thing I have to overcome I think will be self disipline and a near religious routine.

DR.,that's what I was first thinking,but I'm fairly sure I over did the watering yesterday.My humidity is dropping and they are already perking back up.These have been outside regularly and put in under t12s at night,but then I surprised them with 600 watts and closed it in around them the other night and was thinking it shocked them somehow.

Latest posts

Back