Dry climate , Drying + Curing

Discussion in 'Harvesting - Drying & Curing' started by Ganja_Greg, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Mar 11, 2008 #1

Ganja_Greg

Ganja_Greg

Ganja_Greg

Cannabis Cultivation

ok currently im staying in a dry climate area.. and recently harvested all my buds.. my question is do u guys rly think i should go the full 2 weeks for air drying? cuz after around 4-5 days there getting crispy on the out side

basically my question is when and how is a good way to determine when your drying buds are rdy for the jar..

a fool proof easy way to determine this for dummys

trillions of atoms likes this.
  2. Mar 11, 2008 #2

trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms

Dank Reaper

when they start getting crispy as you said a lil but are still spongy there ready...when stems almost snap usually there done aswell. not all the time will the stems snap but most the time they are ready by then.

Ganja_Greg likes this.
  3. Mar 11, 2008 #3

The Effen Gee

The Effen Gee

The Effen Gee

Movin' on up!

As soon as you think they are dry enough you have to "sweat" the remaining moisture out of them. Yes its there, just deep in the plant matter.

The best way to sweat I've found is in glass jars that have a rubber seal on the lid. Jam jars are perfect but there are many more you can use.

Twice a day after you put the buds in the jard you need to open them for a minute. This process is called "Burping" according to other members on this site. When you have the jar open give the buds a little shake to mix fresh air more evenly.

If you use this method you will be suprised on how much moisture is still in the buds even after drying.

I usually cure for about two to three week, paitence is a virtue on this one but it is well worth the wait. You dont have to wait three weeks for sure, but thats how long I like to cure for.

Just go by what your taste and preferences are.

-FNG

NOTE- ALWAYS USE GLASS FOR CURING. IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

4. Mar 12, 2008 #4

smokybear

smokybear

smokybear

I smoke, I drink

I agree with Gee on this one. Great method and works great for me. The cure is what makes some great tasting bud. When the stem staps, they are ready for the jar. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Take care my friend.

Ganja_Greg likes this.
  5. Mar 12, 2008 #5

Dubbaman

Dubbaman

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.

Yup theres the nail on the head. Once the outsides of the buds are jsut a tad dry to the touch and the stem bends but dowsnt snap off is the perfect time to start curing them. I use jars too big ol' pickle jars, My only difference is i let them sit for 12 hours and then air for an hour and turn them i dont shake the jar, reseal after the hour in the air and do it again in 12 more hours. I do that for a week, then if the stem snaps you can leave them in the jar still burping for a 15 min session 2 times a day. After that its storage time.

6. Mar 21, 2008 #6

jomchimpo

jomchimpo

jomchimpo

FNG, how many days do you burp the jars for, before you go on to finishing the curing process

7. Mar 21, 2008 #7

The Effen Gee

The Effen Gee

The Effen Gee

Movin' on up!

It really depends on the strain, density, ambient climate and how wet the buds are internally.

I just go by smell and when the stem snaps cleanly but not brittle, it's done.

jomchimpo likes this.