Dry Ice Decarboxylation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like sativas but not racy sativas(which I think is dependent on ripeness of flower). Grew some Thai years ago that I let flower for 14 weeks. Still not many ambers but all cloudy. It was a hit with the Fogey household as well as my sons friends. I can sleep at the drop of a hat so couch lock is not what I want. The butter I had last night wasn’t couch locky. It was really cerebral. I had a bunch of brilliant ‘save the world’ ideas but shoulda wrote them down. lol.
Gotcha. Sounds like you are a sativa man. I'm sure I'm being a little harsh on sativa, They can have terpenes that can alter things as well. I need the couch lock. I can power is through it and it function. Sleep all night no problem.

Bubba

Girl Crush may be such an example. 20mendicino says it's sativa Dom and I have no reason to doubt them. Folks here who have grow it say "night time only" so I am sure they vary as well.

Girl Crush may be such an example. 20mendicino says it's sativa Dom and I have no reason to doubt them. Folks here who have grow it say "night time only" so I am sure they vary as well.
My next indoor grow is going to be Freak Show. I have seeds on the way. Supposedly 90% sativa. I am really just growing it because it looks so weird(see @CrashMagnet ’s journal). The leaves look like marigolds. My current griw(which I still need to find a good spot for outside is a 50/50 hybrid. The mother was pretty relaxing but not couch lockish. Had an indica look.

That is the ugliest fkn woman I have ever seen. Could walk on the set of Walking Dead and no make up needed.
Lori lightfoot = black Beetlejuice

Exactly!

Can anyone (greywolf maybe) state if there is a method of decarbing that doesn't evaporate terpenes? Me, I think as others have suggested, time?

When I made brownies it was usually older tailends of weed I had, maybe that explained it?
Still didn't like that stripped high. That's what got me thinking the baking decarbed it? I didn't do a "pre" decarb.

My qwet is full spectrum, no decarb. I could try mixing it with coconut oil and eat it, just haven't the interest, much prefer smoking.

So many variables, weed itself, various different folks with all their differences, who knows. Such an interesting plant.

We are all getting buzzed, so it's all good.

Bubba

Oh ok. Will need greywolf to know that. It very well may take some mad scientist equipment to be perform. I'm not an edible fan anyway. Wish I was! I used to eat a small dose and wait for full effect, hopefully mild. Then smoke some on top.

One way is to extract with an oil and just take higher oral dosages to achieve the same high:

ttps://graywolfslair.com/index.php/diy-cannamed-production/9-4-extraction/9-4-5-vegetable-and-nut-oil-extraction

Another is to decarb insitu. You can then use it as a tincture to mix with drinks containing milk:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...1-2-decarboxylating-ethanol-tinctures-in-situ
If the material is to be smoked or vaporized, there is no reason to decarboxylate it beforehand.

I use an Ardent Nova to decarb. I make a cream as a body rub for pain. It works better with decarbed than not. This has been born out by the folks that use it. I have a half dozen folks that swear by it. Mostly older people with joint replacements or nerve injuries. I’ve been decarbing in one form or another since the 70’s. Old fav was to mix flower and hashish in a tin foil bindle and cook it over a lighter flame for a few. Man that s**t got you stoned!
https://ardentcannabis.com/product/nova-decarboxylator/

My next indoor grow is going to be Freak Show. I have seeds on the way. Supposedly 90% sativa. I am really just growing it because it looks so weird(see @CrashMagnet ’s journal). The leaves look like marigolds. My current griw(which I still need to find a good spot for outside is a 50/50 hybrid. The mother was pretty relaxing but not couch lockish. Had an indica look.
That Freakshow doesn’t have a really high THC content by what they say on their page anyway compared to why I usually select but I too am growing it just because of the look. Looks like one of the two seeds popped this morning. Excited to watch it grow

That Freakshow doesn’t have a really high THC content by what they say on their page anyway compared to why I usually select but I too am growing it just because of the look. Looks like one of the two seeds popped this morning. Excited to watch it grow
I think I saw 18% THC so if I take one hit of 24% bud normally, I will take 1 and a third of this bud. ;) I am sure it still beats the pants off of what was usually available(to be anyway) in the 70’s and early 80’s. Variety is the spice of life. Good luck with your Freaks. Looking forward to seeing how they go.

Anyone ever make brownies that make you hallucinate? This batch of brownies is so strong a 1/4”x1/4”x 1” piece makes me mildly trip. A 1/2”x1/2” is worse. I wonder if some ergot fungus could have gotten into the old weed I used. I need to find a test subject to try these out. I won’t subject Mrs Fogey to it. Knocks my dog right out.

I have tripped pretty good on brownies before. I didn't make them so have no idea how they were made but i got pretty stoned.
My old batch of cannabutter is just relaxing. This batch is a bit unnerving. Some people may like the effect but for me it isn’t a social buzz. Could just be the cannabinoids as I know they say THC can make you hallucinate. Maybe the THC degraded into CBN but I don’t think that is a hallucinogen. I think I need to send some to my brother. He would probably be up for it…

I sent some of the above referenced brownies to my brother. I think I suggested he try one cube. Either I didn’t tell him or he forgot. He ate ‘a few’. I can’t function if I eat more than a quarter of a cube. Yikes!

Gave my neighbor, a 70+ year old widow, a bunch of brownies chopped up into 1/4” pieces because she has a lot of aches and pains. I told her to go easy on them so she ate a small piece off of one of the pieces I gave her. She told me they worked like a charm and said they made her feel like she did when she smoked hash. She asked if I knew what hash was…😂

My experience comes from making tinctures for over 15 yrs so I must be
Hey RosterMan. I am making my first batch of “tinctures”. Any instruction would be valuable. It’s not an alcohol tincture. I’m using MCT oil. I was planning on putting MCT in mason jars with decarbed and cooking in slow cooker. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back