Dry ice Kief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried making kief with the dry ice method? I’ve watch a few YouTube’s on it and it doesn’t seem that hard. I’ve never had enough spare herb to play with it but I have two plants that were in my last grow (the Josie plants) that have buds buried in extra vegetation making it a pain in the a$$ to trim. I had trouble with this grow and had caused some of it if not all of it myself. Nevertheless, I managed to harvest one of the three plants for smoking (it’s on the drying rack I sampled yet) and the other two I decided to dry (as is) with minimal trimming and try to make some of that yummy looking pressed hash some of you make just to try it. The two plants are very sticky and have lots of trichomes so I thought they might be good candidates for the project. They also had a few aphids when I cut them. I’m hoping they will fall off in the dry process.
Maybe the dry ice method is not the best way. I watched I think @pute s process once on his thread about it. Maybe that way is better for some reason. It looks a lot messier but if it’s worth the difference I will try it. I have bags now

Has anyone here tried making kief with the dry ice method? I’ve watch a few YouTube’s on it and it doesn’t seem that hard. I’ve never had enough spare herb to play with it but I have two plants that were in my last grow (the Josie plants) that have buds buried in extra vegetation making it a pain in the a$$ to trim. I had trouble with this grow and had caused some of it if not all of it myself. Nevertheless, I managed to harvest one of the three plants for smoking (it’s on the drying rack I sampled yet) and the other two I decided to dry (as is) with minimal trimming and try to make some of that yummy looking pressed hash some of you make just to try it. The two plants are very sticky and have lots of trichomes so I thought they might be good candidates for the project. They also had a few aphids when I cut them. I’m hoping they will fall off in the dry process.
Maybe the dry ice method is not the best way. I watched I think @pute s process once on his thread about it. Maybe that way is better for some reason. It looks a lot messier but if it’s worth the difference I will try it. I have bags now
All you need is one bag for dry ice. 220 micron bag does the trick. This is really a lot easier than making bubble hash.

All you need is one bag for dry ice. 220 micron bag does the trick. This is really a lot easier than making bubble hash.
Will these bags work? One of them is a 220…
9C987739-AF83-46F8-88DE-077B924FAD98.jpeg

Yep, I use a 5 gallon bucket a 220 mesh screen and dry ice. Make sure you break your buds down really good before you start. I do three pulls. If you do more than that you start to get plant material it will be dark green instead of golden.
So you catch the kief in the bucket? I only watched them collect it on a smooth table Then scrape it off with a card. Good clean dry bucket should be cleaner tho I would think…

same 220 mesh screen for all three pulls right?

You put the broken down dry ice in a bucket with your broken down bud. Pull the mesh bag down over the bucket.....all the way down so the screen covers the top of the bucket evenly. Then shake the bucket for 30 seconds or so and then turn it over and shake it out on a flat (glass) surface and shake it. Boom.....kief. Do this 3 times. I use 5 or 6 lbs of dry ice and approximately 8 oz of sugar leaves and popcorn buds. You should get an ample supply of kief.

You put the broken down dry ice in a bucket with your broken down bud. Pull the mesh bag down over the bucket.....all the way down so the screen covers the top of the bucket evenly. Then shake the bucket for 30 seconds or so and then turn it over and shake it out on a flat (glass) surface and shake it. Boom.....kief. Do this 3 times. I use 5 or 6 lbs of dry ice and approximately 8 oz of sugar leaves and popcorn buds. You should get an ample supply of kief.
Great Pute. I’m looking forward to trying this.
Maybe the buds should be a bit drier than I would want them for smoking? the plants are on my drying rack now. I’m giving them some extra flipping during the day since there are more leaves than my normal trimmed bud dry. They are drying nice but not ready and extra sticky still.

I have done dry ice keif/hash once. I found it a lot easier than bubble hash. I lost a whole batch of bubble once due to it not drying quickly enough. As pute said, don’t shake it too long or you will get some green in it(as I did when I tried it). Less clean up too.

And what purpose does dry ice have other than making drugs LOL
Shipping meat to someone via the mail. I had an uncle in law that lived in the PRK. He'd always come up here to visit and buy a bunch of Kogel's hotdogs and take 'em back.

Latest posts

Back