Dry ice Kief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

I did it! So my weed was not as dry as I thought it was but the two 5 lb ice blocks were in the garage cooler. It took me a while to hand pre grind it and felt and smelled a lot of those sticky Josie buds I may should have dug out for smoking (it turned out to be really good weed (thanx big for the seeds). Anyway it looked like this in the bucket if my video works

then I broke up the ice I realize the little maul was a little overkill but it was nice picking it up. I toted this thing around in my tool bag everyday as a marine machinist now 40 years later using it to make dry ice kief
1ECA441D-16C3-4547-B62F-35369723EFAD.jpeg

the bag fit like a glove over my only 5 gallon bucket which was holding perfect ph water for my girls. Watered my houseplants with the good stuff.
F38647D0-28BE-4605-AD57-A565352CFA63.jpeg

now shaking that five pounds of ice and kief was no easy task. My abs got a good workout as I don’t shake that thing every day like that 😳 By the end of the first batch, my back was aching pretty good and had to really get some gumption up to get thru the next batch. But I made it 😁 I guess after seeing the first batch and looking forward to trying it and finishing the unplanned workout I got thru it. It was a fun project. My daughter gets the scraps for her edibles but it will be nice to enjoy some of it ourselves.
54D9AEA7-21A1-4EE9-A769-B4985750BE2F.jpeg

4922FAD6-F703-494F-AB30-442917E57E1F.jpeg

now how do I store it?
and what’s some fun stuff to do with it?

I put a little in a container And made a pellet out of this gadget I bought although I’m not sure I did it right. Anyway gave the container to the rolling machine the hubby and ask him to add some to that nice weed on the tray in our next Marley.
what do I do with the pellet I made? Smoke it in my glass pipe?
Thanks @pute for your great directions and to everyone else for their comments.

Last edited:
So this is what the pellet looks like. Does it look right? The kief sticks together really good. the gadget has a piece inside it that I’m not sure I had on the correct side of the pellet. Can I smoke this like hash?
edit please excuse my kief fingernails 😂
B2B70750-25F2-4BE3-A345-EA37ECAFC131.jpeg

Latest posts

Back