Dry ice Kief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good job

we call those hash pucks….ive seen them as large as a hockey puck

we put the keef in a small nylon bag and then in some parchment paper and press in between heat plates with a 15 ton press and make rosin

we like dabs of fresh rosin

What is rosin?​

Rosin, also called SHO (solventless hash oil) is a pure cannabis concentrate made without any solvents. What makes rosin unique is that it is the cleanest and purest type of concentrate. Rosin’s is created with no added chemicals; because of that, it is therefore healthier than other extracts as well as safer and quicker to make. Utilizing nothing other than heat and pressure, it is no wonder why it is becoming one of the most sought-after concentrates on the market today.

How rosin is made​

The extraction and distillation method used in manufacturing rosin is a combination of applied heat and pressure. This is typically done with a device called a rosin press. Distillation is the process of heating and separating. In this case, the terpenes are isolated from the plant lipids and chlorophyll and the hydrocarbon is removed. With no residual hydrocarbon, bacteria and mold are neutralized. The terpenes are retained and make the rosin more flavorful. The process is implemented to adequately squeeze out cannabinoids and terpenes from marijuana flower, kief, or hash and transform them into a sap-like substance that is your final product, a full-melt, solventless hash oil.

How rosin is different from other extracts​

Most extracts are produced by using some form of chemical solvents such as butane, propane, or alcohol. Even after purging, the products generally still have some residual solvent remaining. This can affect the coloring of the concentrate, most likely resulting in dark, diluted-looking dabs. Rosin is different because it is not extracted using any chemicals at all. Therefore, the final product will be 100% pure. It is a light amber color and looks much cleaner than BHO (butane hash oil) and other types of solvent-extracted substances. Rosin can also have much more potency, flavor, and yield than other extracts that are produced with solvents.

So this is what the pellet looks like. Does it look right? The kief sticks together really good. the gadget has a piece inside it that I’m not sure I had on the correct side of the pellet. Can I smoke this like hash?
edit please excuse my kief fingernails 😂
View attachment 314406
Good job. That is quite the nice pile of keif. I am able to crush my keif pucks up and sprinkle it onto bong bowls or into joints. I store mine in an airtight container in my freezer. My pucks are 2+ years old and still taste like nice hash and still knock me for a loop.

It may be the lighting of the pictures but the keif appears to have a green tinge to it. That could be some leaf material that made it thru your screen. I have some green tinge on my keif too. I think that means I shook mine too long and started to pulverize the sugar leaves. I have seen pics of putes keif and it is golden. I am not sure how he does that but I am a bit jealous of his keif. I think you ground your up. I just broke mine up by hand but still has some green tinge so I don’t think that is the answer. Mine trim was bone dry when I made the keif. I could see dry trim pulverizing easier and breaking leaf material down small enough make it thru the screen. I used a 120 mesh screen when I made my keif but still got some greenery. I am not trying to be a wet blanket here. Maybe pute has some tips though to avoid the green. Even the greenish keif I have is killer stuff(and has that tasty hash flavor) so I am sure you will be happy with yours.

Good job. That is quite the nice pile of keif. I am able to crush my keif pucks up and sprinkle it onto bong bowls or into joints. I store mine in an airtight container in my freezer. My pucks are 2+ years old and still taste like nice hash and still knock me for a loop.

It may be the lighting of the pictures but the keif appears to have a green tinge to it. That could be some leaf material that made it thru your screen. I have some green tinge on my keif too. I think that means I shook mine too long and started to pulverize the sugar leaves. I have seen pics of putes keif and it is golden. I am not sure how he does that but I am a bit jealous of his keif. I think you ground your up. I just broke mine up by hand but still has some green tinge so I don’t think that is the answer. Mine trim was bone dry when I made the keif. I could see dry trim pulverizing easier and breaking leaf material down small enough make it thru the screen. I used a 120 mesh screen when I made my keif but still got some greenery. I am not trying to be a wet blanket here. Maybe pute has some tips though to avoid the green. Even the greenish keif I have is killer stuff(and has that tasty hash flavor) so I am sure you will be happy with yours.
Yes it does have some green tint. I followed pute‘s recipie but I did hand grind the stuff before as there were a lot of sticky buds in there this time because of those two Josie plants in the mix. That’s why I wanted to try this with all those buds in the mix. Didn’t want to waste it on edibles as I knew it was gonna be more potent as the Josie plant was really good. It smells really nice like the Josie plant. We tried it last night in a Marley which improved the taste and buzz so I’m happy with the results Even with the gold green tint, made our joint taste like the Josie. I did notice the third shake was a bit more greener than the first shake. I guess I could have kept them separate containers but didn’t see a need since we will smoke it all anyway.
I’ve only made the one pellet but it stuck together really good. Probably this sticky buds in the mix. I guess I’ll make some more pellets but first want to YouTube it to make sure I’m doing it right. Don’t know which side of the pellet that coin doohickey thing in the gadget goes on. I’ll see how that pellet smokes with a little pinch of herb in my little pipe Maybe give some away for Christmas 🥰

good job

we call those hash pucks….ive seen them as large as a hockey puck

we put the keef in a small nylon bag and then in some parchment paper and press in between heat plates with a 15 ton press and make rosin

we like dabs of fresh rosin

What is rosin?​

Rosin, also called SHO (solventless hash oil) is a pure cannabis concentrate made without any solvents. What makes rosin unique is that it is the cleanest and purest type of concentrate. Rosin’s is created with no added chemicals; because of that, it is therefore healthier than other extracts as well as safer and quicker to make. Utilizing nothing other than heat and pressure, it is no wonder why it is becoming one of the most sought-after concentrates on the market today.

How rosin is made​

The extraction and distillation method used in manufacturing rosin is a combination of applied heat and pressure. This is typically done with a device called a rosin press. Distillation is the process of heating and separating. In this case, the terpenes are isolated from the plant lipids and chlorophyll and the hydrocarbon is removed. With no residual hydrocarbon, bacteria and mold are neutralized. The terpenes are retained and make the rosin more flavorful. The process is implemented to adequately squeeze out cannabinoids and terpenes from marijuana flower, kief, or hash and transform them into a sap-like substance that is your final product, a full-melt, solventless hash oil.

How rosin is different from other extracts​

Most extracts are produced by using some form of chemical solvents such as butane, propane, or alcohol. Even after purging, the products generally still have some residual solvent remaining. This can affect the coloring of the concentrate, most likely resulting in dark, diluted-looking dabs. Rosin is different because it is not extracted using any chemicals at all. Therefore, the final product will be 100% pure. It is a light amber color and looks much cleaner than BHO (butane hash oil) and other types of solvent-extracted substances. Rosin can also have much more potency, flavor, and yield than other extracts that are produced with solvents.

Thanks big. I learned a lot and am ready for the pop quiz. 😂not really. Was fun making the kief although my back is feeling it a bit this morning. Makes my joint taste like the Josie joint which oh btw turned out to be a very nice plant and one of our favorites so far.

Save up for a resin press, or ask Santa for Christmas
Would like to try it first to make sure it would be worth it. I looked them up they are pretty high dollar if I wouldn’t be using it much. I don’t like a lot of steps or gadgets just to get high but I may find a way to simulate the process with something around the house just to try it.

Would like to try it first to make sure it would be worth it. I looked them up they are pretty high dollar if I wouldn’t be using it much. I don’t like a lot of steps or gadgets just to get high but I may find a way to simulate the process with something around the house just to try it.
Maybe get a group of friends together and buy one to be shared between you ,
You have it for a month then pass it on to the next member , and so on....................

Latest posts

Back