Dry ice Kief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it does have some green tint. I followed pute‘s recipie but I did hand grind the stuff before as there were a lot of sticky buds in there this time because of those two Josie plants in the mix. That’s why I wanted to try this with all those buds in the mix. Didn’t want to waste it on edibles as I knew it was gonna be more potent as the Josie plant was really good. It smells really nice like the Josie plant. We tried it last night in a Marley which improved the taste and buzz so I’m happy with the results Even with the gold green tint, made our joint taste like the Josie. I did notice the third shake was a bit more greener than the first shake. I guess I could have kept them separate containers but didn’t see a need since we will smoke it all anyway.
I’ve only made the one pellet but it stuck together really good. Probably this sticky buds in the mix. I guess I’ll make some more pellets but first want to YouTube it to make sure I’m doing it right. Don’t know which side of the pellet that coin doohickey thing in the gadget goes on. I’ll see how that pellet smokes with a little pinch of herb in my little pipe Maybe give some away for Christmas 🥰
If your press is like mine, the coin thingy goes on the top so you can use it as a ram to push the puck out of the tube after unscrewing the bottom cap. I think I tried it both ways and may have fk’d up the threads when the coin wasn’t between the keif and the press interface. I think the coin allows the press interface to move more freely so it doesn’t bind up(maybe?). I didn’t mean to sound harsh. That keif looks nice.

And the leftovers you are giving to your daughter for edibles will work too. I cooked my leftovers up(about 2 years later) and the brownies I made with them are strong. A bit too strong. A nibble and I am trashed.

These are my pucks. A bit green too…
0A849A2F-C8BF-4AC0-B8AC-EE728872271A.jpeg

I noticed this yesterday and Fogey mentioned it... regarding the green. Looks like you have plant material in it.

This could be caused my a few things. First, you might have ground down your leaves to fine although the video looks fine.

Nest, you could have shaken the bucket to hard forcing plant material through the screen.

To many pulls.

And finally the screen isn't the right size. 220 microns is what I use.

Like fogey also suggested it could be the light as well.

Last edited:
I noticed this yesterday and Fogey mentioned it... regarding the green. Looks like you have plant material in it.

This could be caused my a few things. First, you might have ground down your leaves to fine although the video links fine.

Nest, you could have shaken the bucket to hard forcing plant material through the screen.

To many pulls.

And finally the screen isn't the right size. 220 microns is what I use.

Like fogey also suggested it could be the light as well.
Could be the starting grind down for sure as there were a lot of sticky buds this time and i wanted to make sure I got as much as I could.
only did three runs with about 30-45 seconds each. Used a 220 bag as you suggested. May have shaken to hard I’m not sure…
probably so as I can still feel it today on my back. That 5lb bucket got heavy…
I did notice that the 3rd run was a bit greener. Still I’m ok with it. I’m just smoking it with weed and didn’t notice anything harsh just made the joint taste better and defiantly a better buzz. I’m sure from those Josie buds in the mix.

Every day. I look in the mirror and I keep getting better looking.😂😂😂

If your press is like mine, the coin thingy goes on the top so you can use it as a ram to push the puck out of the tube after unscrewing the bottom cap. I think I tried it both ways and may have fk’d up the threads when the coin wasn’t between the keif and the press interface. I think the coin allows the press interface to move more freely so it doesn’t bind up(maybe?). I didn’t mean to sound harsh. That keif looks nice.

And the leftovers you are giving to your daughter for edibles will work too. I cooked my leftovers up(about 2 years later) and the brownies I made with them are strong. A bit too strong. A nibble and I am trashed.

These are my pucks. A bit green too…
View attachment 314426
My feelings are not hurt Fogey. I’m ok with the greenish tint and I’ve noticed that the joint burns longer and is kinda like a cigar burns with a nice cherry. I doubt I would notice the difference in the golden and greenish tint. Thank for explaining the coin thingy. Actually I didn’t even know it was in there till I took the puck out and it came out with the puck. Your pucks look good too 😊

Is it advertised or does one inquire?
The local grocery chain used to sell it, but then they stopped. It took some digging, but I found that Fresh Thyme Farmer's Markets sell it in my area. They're all over the midwest. I don't know where you're at, but maybe you'd have something similar close by to you?

Latest posts

Back