Drying density change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiggy21

Reaction score
Hi
I was growing runtz and they had some dense buds when I squeezed them. I've cut her down and she's been drying for 3 days now. She's not as dense and r quite soft. The stems r still very bendy.
Is it normal for them to lose density? If so how do u get them rock dense.
Do they dense up again during curing?
Its my first grow.

20201107_220014.jpg

16054465924271182930183084675295.jpg

16054466986223446863422843282163.jpg

Hi
I was growing runtz and they had some dense buds when I squeezed them. I've cut her down and she's been drying for 3 days now. She's not as dense and r quite soft. The stems r still very bendy.
Is it normal for them to lose density? If so how do u get them rock dense.
Do they dense up again during curing?
Its my first grow.

View attachment 266273

View attachment 266274
View attachment 266275

nice looking buds

yes they lose density , density directly related to weight , 40-60%

this is normal

no , they will not get denser , dense as related to weight

how do you get rock dense?.....grow a plant that has that genetic trait

for the life of me , I do not understand why the big attraction in density , or rock hard buds?

rock hard buds have nothing to do with the effects or high

me thinks the “rock hard buds big as a baseball” is nothing more than Market Hype

hahahaahha , how many Cats on this Forum have smoked loose airy light buds and got stoned to the bone all day long?

Idk y dense buds r appealing. They tend to be stickier so they are easier to roll. From my experience airy and flowery buds tends to slide about when I'm rolling. And they become dust when grinding alot easier than dense nuggs.

That runtz is my first grow. Started as a lockdown project. 😂😂🤣
I got some gelato 41 clones going now
I'm only 18 so there's alot of experience and knowledge to gain.

The more you grow the more you know! Buds loose both weight and girth during drying. I like dense buds because you get a better yield plus they are easier to trim. ( dry) Dense buds take longer to dry however....new one on me though....airy buds are harder to roll?????

Never had a problem rolling any type of buds. I like dense buds,,but ill take whatever i gets.😁

The more you grow the more you know! Buds loose both weight and girth during drying. I like dense buds because you get a better yield plus they are easier to trim. ( dry) Dense buds take longer to dry however....new one on me though....airy buds are harder to roll?????
Yeah. They slide about in the paper. Some aren't but most tend to be. Dense buds r stickier so they form and hold the shape easier

If your buds are sticky they aren't dried properly. I haven't smoked a joint in years.....after a couple of hits it tastes like ash....personal preference.

If your buds are sticky they aren't dried properly. I haven't smoked a joint in years.....after a couple of hits it tastes like ash....personal preference.
Naahhhhh. They sticky cuz of the resin

Do what you like my friend. Well cured marijuana should be dry but not dust. It should bounce back when you squeeze the bud. Let it dry properly and the flavor and smell will be much better. Just saying.....

Some people do like fresh pot though to each his own. Wet pot makes great joints but it always ran on me when smoking a J.

It is a free country so by all means do it your way. Maybe once give it a good 30 day cure and see the difference.

Do what you like my friend. Well cured marijuana should be dry but not dust. It should bounce back when you squeeze the bud. Let it dry properly and the flavor and smell will be much better. Just saying.....

Some people do like fresh pot though to each his own. Wet pot makes great joints but it always ran on me when smoking a J.

It is a free country so by all means do it your way. Maybe once give it a good 30 day cure and see the difference.
Even long cures can still be sticky

Yall send your weed to me and ill let ya know which one i like the best.😁

Moving on.....I was involved with marijuana 4O Years before wiggy was born and have taken advise from legends in the business so what does an old hippie like me know......

Moving on.....I was involved with marijuana 4O Years before wiggy was born and have taken advise from legends in the business so what does an old hippie like me know......
Yo g. I never said ur wrong. Ease off.
I'm agreeing w u when u say it should spring back and bout the flavours and smell.
I'm just sayin bud resin is sticky. I like sticky weed. U wanna smoke airy buds, smoke airy buds.

I know sticky weed is a big pain the ass to grind if its to wet/sticky. Ive had some really nice dense sticky buds that once i dried and cured they were much easier to grind,had some great smell and taste. They had very little sticky left after i cured properly. They still have a little but doesn't effect my grind.😉
Another words my grinder with dried and cured bud doest look and stick like my scissors i trim with.😁

I've personally noticed that my sherbet punch which i would call dense and sticky has a better rosin yield than some more airy greasy grape grown beside it.

just my 2 cents

every plant and every environment is different resulting in a multitude of experiences growing the same plant , ie , cannabis

My light and airy Malawi which also did not have a lot of visible trichomes , yielded more oil than many of the other plants , like c99 , chem 91 , Angola Red , so on and so forth.

That Malawi plant taught me that it’s not always what one sees with the eyeball but what are the end results.

Also , having a lot of trichomes is no indication of strength otherwise how does one explain the trichome production on hemp?

That is absolutely true. I have smoked some really pretty colourful sticky weed that fking sucked. I have smoked some ugly ass dry weed that kicked my ever loving ass.

Bit of a sticky ickey we have here​

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back