Drying in brown paper bags.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you should hang dry bud prior to putting your buds in a brown bag. There is a hole process to drying weed, you cant just dry your weed right off the plant in a brown bag, thats a great way to get mold:hubba: and yes theres a purpose to "brown baggin ittt!" your slowing down the drying time by doing this, and curing is a must.

headband said:
you should hang dry bud prior to putting your buds in a brown bag. There is a hole process to drying weed, you cant just dry your weed right off the plant in a brown bag, thats a great way to get mold:hubba: and yes theres a purpose to "brown baggin ittt!" your slowing down the drying time by doing this, and curing is a must.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:D That's what I've been trying to get across to some of these people!:shocked: They think it's one way or the other with the brown bags.:eek: No, it takes two to three steps. 1.Hang-up, 2.brown bag, 3.then jar!

Headband, U nailed it! (atleast someone knows what they're talking about);)

only the resin that rubs onto the bag*

and i never dry/ cure plants in layers.

to the compactness of buds comment, the density is in the genetics and growing methods. you can squeese or lightly press buds to make them more compact and ultimately smaller but catalyx density has everything to do with how the plant was grown before it was picked, ime.

Click here to see DJ Short's method which is the same as mine. Everybody has their own style. I never once said ya'll were wrong. Just different methods are used by different people. Me, personally like the one I linked in here. Read it. Can't hurt.

Richy-B said:
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:D That's what I've been trying to get across to some of these people!:shocked: They think it's one way or the other with the brown bags.:eek: No, it takes two to three steps. 1.Hang-up, 2.brown bag, 3.then jar!

Headband, U nailed it! (atleast someone knows what they're talking about);)

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but have you ever heard the phrase 'there's thousand ways to skin a cat?'

Your way is not the ONLY right way as you seem to think. There are many ways to grow, many ways to harvest, many ways to dry and cure, and many ways to smoke. Don't get your panties in a bunch if someone does it different.

I've had occasions where I couldnt hang my dope (for various reasons) and I dried em in paper bags. Sometime circumstances dictate that you can't do things the conventional way, so you gotta find alternative ways. Never had mold since I aired the bags. It worked great when hanging wasn't an option.

Just because someone doesn't do it YOUR way, doesn't mean their wrong. Go smoke a fatty. PEACE.:48:

elvis said:
Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but have you ever heard the phrase 'there's thousand ways to skin a cat?'

Your way is not the ONLY right way as you seem to think. There are many ways to grow, many ways to harvest, many ways to dry and cure, and many ways to smoke. Don't get your panties in a bunch if someone does it different.

I've had occasions where I couldnt hang my dope (for various reasons) and I dried em in paper bags. Sometime circumstances dictate that you can't do things the conventional way, so you gotta find alternative ways. Never had mold since I aired the bags. It worked great when hanging wasn't an option.

Just because someone doesn't do it YOUR way, doesn't mean their wrong. Go smoke a fatty. PEACE.:48:
You obviously didn't read the last post right above this one. You'd see I said there's not just one method this one just happens to be my favorite:rolleyes: Did you even look at rest of the thread or that one post you quoted me?

p.s. Please read whole threads before responding to one post!

elvis has his panties in a bunch...;) wat are you frigging saying dude:hitchair:

For a bunch of potheads, you guys are sounding pretty uptight.

But of course I'm a chick posting with (I think) a lot of guys, so maybe my panties are just in a bunch ;) .

Lighten up, y'all. This isn't the Jerry Springer show but a forum for happy stoners...:)

Rehab is for Quitters said:
I'm a chick posting with (I think) a lot of guys, so maybe my panties are just in a bunch ;) .

Lighten up, y'all. This isn't the Jerry Springer show but a forum for happy stoners...:)
you probably have your panties up ur azz anyways ;) haha, lets burn one while all these's re's argue over not a.

headband said:
you probably have your panties up ur azz anyways ;) haha, lets burn one while all these's re's argue over not a.

How did you know I was wearing a thong??;)

(btw your avatar is nothing short of terrifying :eek: . Maybe you didn't get the memo, but thongs are for girls...)

ELVIS was replying to a specific comment, which is why he "quoted" it. He doesn't have to reply to your previous posts to "quote" something you said in a latter post.

But to the topic at hand,

I have only used a brown bag once. In some situations I go from hanging to jars. Honestly, I don't see a point in a paper bag anyway, basically, IMO, it's the same thing as hanging it. It still needs to be vented, or whatever, it's easier for me to hang and go straight to a jar.

MJ has been around long before paper bags and mason jars, so yes, there is more than one way, and I am sure, this is the most "modern" or "new age" way to dry MJ, but being more of a naturalist... I doubt christ thought to put his 'holy smokes' in a mason jar before lighting it up!
hahahaha :holysheep:

Anyway..... you could be an herb drier or make one yourself and dry your buds to a smokeable state in a matter of 1 - 2 weeks....

Latest posts

Back