drying in my veg. room.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
Temps are about 65, humidity 40-60% They are hanging now. I was thinking of drying in my attic, it seems dry up there, and the temp floats in which is good. The lights are off by the way, and no fans are on.

too cold. Temps need to be above 75. At 65 they may mold and will take 10+ days to dry

anything below 75 will dry slowly and possibly rot or mold above 85 will affect potency

happy smokin!

One of the most important parts of drying your crop well is air circulation. The whole point of the drying process is to get the entire plant dry, not just the outside branches.

Separating the branches so that air movement can get around every single branch is very important.

Having enough air moving to actually move the hanging branches just a little will ensure good drying.

I do this for 7 days. At the end of 7 days, I can just snap a branch base. That's when I consider it dry enough to cure without worry of molding.

Too dry and it'll make your crop harsh to smoke.

Not enough drying and you risk losing the entire crop to mold.

Yea you deff need circulation, im not pro about the temp or anything but I kno circulation is key so you arnt adding moisture to the air just for the plant to suck it right back up.

yep yep..I agree on air movement,,,,not so much on the lower temps realy being as bad as said...Ive dryied at 60f just takes a bit longer to dry..

take care and be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
yep yep..I agree on air movement,,,,not so much on the lower temps realy being as bad as said...Ive dryied at 60f just takes a bit longer to dry..

take care and be safe

I like to hear that...I think I'll just put up more fans next time rather than a heater.

just make sure your plants are dry by ~7 days any longer and any spores that found their way to buds may start mycelium growth.

I love this place
bongin.gif

tryguy2011 said:
Temps are about 65, humidity 40-60% They are hanging now. I was thinking of drying in my attic, it seems dry up there, and the temp floats in which is good. The lights are off by the way, and no fans are on.

Drying can be done in room temperature, Allow air-circulation..
Or you may get pungent smell..
Also you can check it whether its full y dried by crushing it with your thumbs, so that there should not be any moisture content...

Latest posts

Back