Drying my weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
old school harvest---clip off all fan leaves and hang upside down on a clothesline in a dark cool place with fans indirectly moving the air under the hanging branches and not directly blowing on them---when you feel the flowers are no longer wet but not completely dry---time to trim for bag appeal, collect keif, and trim for hash---jar, bag, or bucket for storage in a cool dark location burping the containers every few days---some will plug in a dehumidifier if the climate has a high RH

happy harvest

View attachment IMG_0185.JPG

Density
Strain is the biggest difference in the 2 pictures, genetics play a big part in density, taste, smell, yields, etc... Along with growing conditions & health(too hot in room=fluffy....healthy root systems are needed...correct nutrients when plants need them).

We all work at getting our rooms tweaked, finding the right strain(then narrowing down the exact pheno), nutrient schedule, etc. When you find the "perfect" formula, it will all come together.

Drying
Everyone drys & cures a little differently, based on past success...but mainly the difference is how much product you're cycling. A small 2-3 plant operation is done simply(hang, trim, jar, smoke)...a larger operation needs to dry in larger bulk, and sometimes more quickly with controls maximizing humidity levels.

I bulk dry on racks, I speed dry in a controlled dehumidified & fan box....I use 2' x 3' racks.

View attachment rack1.JPG

View attachment DSCN1585.JPG

View attachment DSCN1586.JPG

View attachment DSCN1568.JPG

Hey, that's awesome.

My design is actually similar to yours - pipes, what an interesting idea.

I plan on using 8mm hardwood to create frames on top of which I will staple the netting. The buds are only 5-15mm, so I can save a ton of space this way.

As for the lights, I thought the buds are supposed to dry in pitch darkness. Am I wrong or is that just for drying really fast as you said?

Bwanabud man how much time and money did that drying rack cost you!! Very impressive steel container for a groom and Track your bud isn't in the same league as the online photo you have shown that has substance and density compared to yours which looks like it was taken down far too early, although some strains are wispy and some are solid nugs top to bottom.
Not too bad though i dry the same way although not directly under the lights but above in the flower room.
Jewboy

Latest posts

Back